26 June 2012

The Waiting Game

So here I am, just waiting, waiting, waiting for Baby #2...  It's surreal to think that by Friday afternoon this week, we will have another baby!  I'm so excited, it's like Christmas x 10000!!

Anyway, to keep occupied, I've been feeding my shopping addiction a little more than I should.  Non-maternity clothes, cheap jewelry, things for the house, and Morgan always needs something ; )  Good thing there's only a few days left of this waiting because it could get expensive around here.  Sorry Hubs.

A very sobering realization set in yesterday though:  I have a solid 30 pounds to lose after baby's arrival (35 if I want to get to my happy weight).  It just seems completely and utterly overwhelming, especially knowing how time-intensive a newborn baby can be.

Anyway, when I'm not worrying about THAT, I've been chasing my toddler.  Everywhere.  She's on fire with this walking business!  and cutting more teeth.  So it's been interesting in our house.  She has also started tickling my toes saying "teek, teek, teeek" and it's the most adorable thing EVER!

I also went and got a pedicure this past weekend thinking it will be my last chance for a while.  Sometimes I feel bad that I reference everything to sound like I'm going away to prison or something.  It's not going to be that bad, right?  RIGHT?!?!  I mean, I know getting out with 2 kids is going to be a challenge at first, but I'm hopeful that like with my first, it gets easier over time.

I keep thinking "What else MUST get done before this baby arrives?"  I'm kind of driving myself crazy! On Sunday night, I thought we might have a baby coming sooner rather than later.  I started contracting fast & furious - they were 5-6 min apart for over an hour.  I finally got myself home to lie down and drink some water and they eased up.  I have to admit, both the Hubs and I were a little excited ; )

Did I mention we STILL DO NOT HAVE A NAME for this baby?  If you have any suggestions, it's a free-for-all at this point.  We are both burned out on trying to come up with something.

Thankfully, The Bachelorette was on last night to take my mind off things....I never watch this show in past seasons, but I kinda like Emily and her feistiness.  So far I like Doug (but there's got to be a flaw SOMEWHERE?  Despite the fact they depicted him as a man who couldn't utter an intelligent string of words last week) so I'm super sad he got sent home.  I think I kinda like that Shawn guy too.  I'm so happy she booted Ryan, aka Mr. IlovemyselfmorethanGod.  Uggh, he needed to go from the beginning. I don't really care for Arie and I keep hearing she ends up with Jef -- he looks like he's 11 years old and strikes me as awkward.  Clearly I have a lot of time on my hands to dissect each of these men ; ) 
Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. My vote for the bachelorette is Sean! I do like Arie too though. I like Jef, but I can't get over his weird hair and style. But he seems like a nice guy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!