08 October 2012

9 Days and Egg Shells

9 Days:  That would be the length of time that my sweet baby boy DID NOT poop.  There were a couple of  smears in there (sorry for the TMI!) but no real "results".  I've had one grumpy baby lately.

I kept putting off calling the Pediatrician because I kept thinking "Surely he'll go today".

Nope.

I finally called today and we were told it's pretty common in breastfed babies, especially during times of a growth spurt.  (As a side note, when ISN'T this kid in a growth spurt?  More on that in another post.)

So....per the Ped's recommendation....

You wanna do WHAT to me??!!??
A little vaseline and a rectal thermometer later... and we've finally had some success.  Poor little guy :(  He has had real tears streaming down his sweet little face, uggh.

Of course, I had to be the bad guy and do the deed.  The Hubs was home and was all "You're the nurse, you're good at this stuff."

WHAT?!   Yeah, because that's what nurses do most, stick stuff in people's rectums, making us uber-qualified.

I was all "You're the doctor, your medical expertise far outweighs any practical application I might have once had."  Needless to say, I lost that round.

And as for the Egg Shells... I feel like that's what the Hubs and I are always walking on in our house.  Whenever one or both babies are asleep we have to be NINJA silent.  They both seem to be light sleepers that startle easily.

You might think "no big deal"...but let me paint a picture:

We can never run the blender, the mixer or a hair dryer.  And the blender is apparently a major offender, even when they're awake.  Learned that the hard way today when I fixed myself a smoothie.
The doorbell cannot ring.
We cannot open or close our garage door, meaning once they are asleep?  Nobody leaves the compound.
We cannot use the 2 of our 3 bathrooms/flush the toilet/turn on the fan.
No clanking dishes in the kitchen.
No watching the big TV upstairs.

Let's also discuss the new list of things the toddler becomes afraid of - for no apparent reason - on a daily basis:

The bath mat in her tub.  She once LOVED baths, but the Hubs made the GAME OVER mistake of pulling it up to allow it to air dry - the loudness of the suction cups releasing sent her over the edge and you can forget about getting her near the tub now.

Any large rubber balls.  I still don't know what that's about.

Steps outside.  Inside steps are OK.  Outside steps are not.


When did life become so complicated?

But then again, when did it become so full of love and so complete?

Photobucket 


6 comments:

  1. Poor Joey - his buddy G had the same issue for 10 days until this weekend. I was out of town and my MIL texted me to say he went on Saturday which excited this mama. Oh, the things that now get us excited or happy confirm we are mamas! Tell Joe the next time is his!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor lil G! Glad he finally went...it's the little victories in life, right? Lol

      Delete
  2. Poor buddy!! Both my kids had issues with that too. Definitely common in breast fed babies. And I feel your pain about being quiet while they sleep! We used to have to be that way with my son til someone recommended a sound machine. Now we use one for my daughter too, and it is so nice to be able to breath during their naps. Haha! You might have already tried this, just wanted to mention it just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why didn't I think of a sound machine??? Brilliant...ordering two immediately! Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. Everyone else already hit on the sleeping - ill just toss in that ellery developed a fear of the bath tub around Morgan's age. Lasted about 2 weeks and then it was over. Hope her strange phobias clear up soon, so peculiar the things they pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness poor baby J :( Picturing you and the hubs in skin tight black ninja outfits as you slink around the house during nap time!! I would need the checklist of what I can and can't do on the fridge - it is seriously hard to keep up with it right? We have the same thing here though, and I'm always reminding my hubs what will and what will absolutely not fly!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!