31 December 2012

Joey 6 Months

Our sweet boy turned 6 months old on the 27th of December.   Mostly, this milestone has been overshadowed by his first real illness:  RSV/Bronchiolitis AND Double Ear Infection.


Despite all that, he continues to be our happy, smiley, talkative boy.  His blue eyes are brighter than ever and it looks like those swollen gums and the constant hand-gnawing may reveal some teeth soon!

At his checkup he weighed 17.5 pounds and was 27 inches long (76th percentile).  He's still a tall boy!


Our progression with solid foods has hit a standstill with this current sickness.  He was choking and gagging, so we are taking a break.  In addition, his usually hearty appetite just isn't there; he's only taking about 50% of his usual intake :(  So far he's had sweet potatoes and bananas.  We will try again tomorrow I think, because he is definitely improving every day.

I can't believe my sweet boy is 1/2 a year old already.  His babyhood is slipping away from me a little bit more with every passing day.  It's true; it goes by WAY too fast.

 He is REALLY bucking and thrashing around all the time now.  Loves to flip over and move all around.  This kid can.not.sit.still.  I am very afraid for when he turns 2, lol!
Mom tried to get festive with his Santa hat and his first ornaments.  TRIED.
 We got our first real snowfall of the season as you can see in the background.  He hasn't been out in it because he doesn't have a proper winter coat.  Mom Fail.  I always take him from the house to the car in the garage if we go anywhere, so he's rarely outside for more than a few seconds.  And even then I cover him up with a blanket over his layers of clothing.  Maybe next year?
"Uh....Mom? Help?"
 He is LOVING being in the jump-a-roo and rocks that thing.  His giggle is the BEST.  If you catch his eye? Immediate smiles.

I love this picture, he was standing (supported) between my knees looking up at me.
My sweet, sweet son.

I don't ever want to forget what a drool machine he is!!!
Not much has changed as far as his sleeping habits - he's still a rockstar in that department.  Thank God!  And Thank God for this little boy.

And just because I love to look back...


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's so crazy how much they grow in such a short amount of time. He's too stinking cute. LOVE the big blue eyes! And you just reminded me we need to bring our jumperoo up. Kase should be able to use it soon. Yay for another time killer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for free arms for you too, haha!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!