04 December 2012

Minnesota Trip

Morgan and I took a little Mama/Daughter trip to MN this past weekend to see my family and watch my cousin Miranda get married.

I was REALLY nervous (and that's an understatement) to fly with her.  Nervous about her nap schedule, her ears bothering her, her poop issues...what WASN'T I nervous about.  But it all went smoothly!

Pushing the stroller around the airport to kill time before our flight

A cute photo op in Minneapolis Airport, but someone couldn't get off her toy phone.

Visiting Aunt Staci

Loving on cousin Jacob

We had to bundle up - it was COLD in Minnesota!!

Uncle Brandon and cousin Brynlee, who just learned to walk!

She LOVED tickling Uncle Brandon's beard!

My little cheese ball.  When she sees the camera, she says "DEEEEES!"

 I don't know if this video will work or not, but she was a dancing maniac!
Dancing with cousin Shiayne


What I'd do differently:  I broke out all my best weapons (my iPhone, the iPad, the good snacks) WAY too SOON.  Like, before takeoff, when you're sitting on the plane just waiting, waiting,waiting.  Then along comes the flight attendant letting us know it's time to shut everything off.  Crap.  That was a scene.

I didn't buy Morgan a seat because 1) there were NONE available and 2) I didn't want to haul her mammoth car seat along anyway.  She couldn't get comfortable to fall asleep on the flight there and was jumping around like maniac.  She finally passed out after I carried her up and down the aisle.  Luckily we had a very understanding flight attendant.  People have always been super nice and helpful when I've flown with her.  I always take along a stroller and gate-check it at the valet.  On the flight home, I asked to be moved to a seat that had an empty seat next to it and luckily one was available so we could spread out a little.

Also, she doesn't really "get" the iPad games just yet.  She really just likes swiping the screen and making things happen.  Just when I'd get a game started for her, she'd turn it off.  She kept flipping between "ELMO!" and "DO-WAH!" (Dora).

It was fun this trip because she was saying everyone's name!  "Ca-yeee" (Connie) "Jee-kup!" (Jacob) "Ba-Pa" (Grandpa) "Bannen" (Brandon) "Den" (Jen) "Shieee" (Shiayne) "Bi-leee" (Brynlee)

It was great to go back, but as always too fast of a trip.  I would've loved to spend more time just hanging out with my family, not having to be anywhere and visiting more friends from "back home".  But I missed Joey & the Hubs something terrible!  The boys survived just fine without us (but with a lot of help from Grandma, lol!)

Within 24 hours of returning home, sickness hit Morgan.  I got her out of her crib after her afternoon nap and though "Hmmm, it smells like bad cheese pizza in her room?"  Um, wrong.  Vomit.  All over her and her crib.  We spent the next 4 hours cleaning up and vomiting some more.  Poor thing.  This was her first time getting sick like that :(  The vomiting has stopped today, but she's had some diarrhea and been really tired/clingy/whiny; overall just not feeling 100% yet.

Luckily nobody else in our house seems to have caught it.  Turns out, lots of people at the wedding came down with the same GI symptoms and they now think it's Norovirus.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. HOW CUTE IS THAT VIDEO?! The girl has serious moves!! Plus I love her wardrobe! I know you must have so much fun dresses that sweet little one. Trips home are the best, so glad you got to go! What about nursing Joey? Did you pump and save up before leaving? So sorry to hear that she is so sick :( I hope she gets better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped nursing Joey last week :( I didn't have to worry about pumping any more, haha!

      Delete
  2. morgan looks like she is in heaven on the dance floor. dance lessons in her future soon?! so glad you had a good trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video is priceless! Both of my husband's brothers are getting married next year so it will be fun to watch Kyla dance around. Love her outfit from the wedding too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!