Yesterday, February 21st, my sweet Morgan turned 2 years old.
Wow. I'm still in awe that I have a 2-year old! When you have a preemie, who begins life in such a fragile state with so much of the future unknown, it's hard to imagine too far down the road. Early on, you are taught to take their achievements and small victories one day at a time.
I'm thankful for that. And so incredibly grateful that she is our healthy, sassy, energetic, loving, smart, kind and typical 2-year old!!
 |
| Dreaming of summer in my new flip-flops! |
 |
| "I'm Mo-Gen. I'm TWO!" |
We started her day off by Daddy and I going up to her room in the morning when she woke up. We sang Happy Birthday to her and I'm sure she wondered what on earth was happening, lol. I
t's not every day you get woken up by your parents serenading you (thank God, lol). I recorded the whole thing with the video camera and keep watching it over and over.
My Baby. Two. We've been working with her to tell people she's 2 now, not one anymore, lol!
We spent the day at home and had a playdate again with Baby Amelia - who shares Morgan's birthday, and turned one yesterday. I made the girls a heart-shaped Funfetti cake. I wish I would've been more on the ball and gotten some balloons to make it more festive. Really kicking myself!
 |
| I see this face in protest a LOT these days! |
In the evening, Daddy came home from work and we ate Morgan's favorite: Pizza! We tried a new place, Jet's Pizza. It was pretty darn good! We also had more cake and lots of play time. We didn't do presents yet, although I did let her open a new pack of Dora stickers yesterday.
She knew exactly what to do when she blew out her candle. She wanted to grab the fire though...yikes!
 |
| She kept making this face, saying "MM HMMM! MMM HMM!" When I asked her if the cake was good! |
 |
| My Big girl on her last day of being 1. |
I've been writing letters to both kids since we found out we were pregnant with each one of them. In my last letter to Morgan, I told her all the things she's doing right now and how she seems to old to me. She loves blueberries, Mommy (!!), helping, her blankies ("ba-tees"), pizza, fruit snacks ("Soo-nacks"), necklaces, Mommy's leopard print slippers, baths, books (ESPECIALLY the Llama Llama books and the Potty book and the "Where's Baby's Puppy?" book). There's so much I just love about this age!
 |
| I actually got her to smile for a picture!! |
 |
| Gratuitous picture of my handsome lil devil of a son....I'm obsessed. |
I'm dying to put together the battery-powered Tinkerbell Quad that my MN family got her - I know she's going to love that thing! Makes what we got her seem kinda lame....more on that later. But I know she'll get tons of gifts to open at her party.
Her big party is Sunday afternoon. I'm trying not to stress: Just family. Just at our home. I'm just making most of the food. No big whoop. How much can go wrong? lol...I've got a giant, small child-sized pork butt roast in the crockpot right now. I keep telling myself it's fool-proof. Let's just hope so!
Aren't you a crafty little mama on your chalkboard? Hope Morgan had a great day...can't wait to hear all about her party!!!
ReplyDeleteYour chalkboard writhing is amazing! What a great day celebrated! Happy birthday Morgan!
ReplyDelete