10 June 2013

Case of the Mondays

I don't really have a case of the Mondays, I just like that phrase from one of my all-time favorite movies (Office Space anyone?  No?  I'm the oldest person in the blogosphere?  mmkay.)

I'm attempting to throw together a fun little family party for Joey's fast-approaching 1-year birthday.  I won't even get started on how I'm still in denial this is happening.  I'm trying to keep it low-stress, big fun, good food.

So far, this is what I've got:

I'm in love with these invites!  I used a photo from his 11-month photo shoot from which I was able to salvage ONE.
I'm also in LOVE with this custom T made by fellow Mama Blogger Tami from Sweet T Kids (click on this for her Facebook Page)
The weekend was good.  Friday night we went to dinner at my Sister-in-Law's place to celebrate our nephew's birthday.  The kids got to stay up past their bedtime and we paid for it (like always).  Why is it that when they stay up later, the logical prediction would be that they would sleep in?  Oh no...it's wake up multiple times in the night and then get up extra early (6/6:30am) the next day.  Take that MOM for trying to show us fun!
Field Trip to the mall to shop for a birthday gift & hit up Chick-fil-A.  She  dominated that lunch.  Proof I take the kids places alone!
Saturday we hit the park for some hardcore swinging.  In the evening we headed out to Nana's for some fundraiser fried chicken and allllll the fixins, complete with church lady cake.  You know...the kind that the ladies of the church make that is always INCREDIBLE.  Can't buy THAT at the store and so therefore?  Worth every calorie that went into my gullet.

Let's see, Sunday...hmmm....oh yes, we hit up Findlay Market again.  Prior to that, I took Morgan to the grocery store with me and she graced everyone with her screaming.  That's her new thing:  Screaming.  LOUDLY.  Usually for no reason.  Most definitely when she is not getting her way.  And Always, super fun for all within earshot.
We were sharing some Nutella Gelato here and she kept demanding that I just hand the entire cup over to her, ha!
And Joey?  Maybe he's stressed about turning one, but my previously champion sleeper has become "that baby".  Won't go down easily at night.  Won't stay down.  Wants to party allllll night long.  Cries and does.not.give.up.  I think it was two more teeth that finally cut through, but who can be sure?  When I go in his room to hold him he either snuggles into me or starts smacking me in the face and laughing.  I'm told his father was the same way as a baby.  Why must I be punished????

Speaking of Joey, THIS happened this weekend, FINALLY.  So proud.
Holding & drinking from a straw cup?  No big deal.

Well I'll just feed myself this cracker then.
More sippy cup action.
Two more rambles, then I'm finished, proms.  I've got a few fantastical things up my sleeve for the Dads in my life for Father's Day - I'm doing it up good this year.

And?  I've lost my workout Mojo.  It went missing about a week or two ago...somewhere between fried chicken and church lady cake. 

PS: Stats class is no joke.  I want to cry.  7 weeks to go.

Ok, that was 3 rambles and I'm done.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Thank you for calling Innotech ....just a mooooment. Charlie did the ol Steven Tyler scream too, she'll grow out of it. Breaker does it now too and I just completely ignore it. That seems to work better than the muzzle. Oh and Charlie's in school now 3 days a week and its the best thing ever. Look for a Mother's Day out program at some churches. It may save what's left of your precious little sanity :)

    Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear my kids aren't the only screamers. I was wondering how preschool was going, for some reason I kept thinking about you the week before it started and was totally jealous. Morgan starts up in the fall, I've had her registered for this one for months now. We all cannot wait! Since she'll be 2.5 it's only 2 days per week though. I'll take it.

      Delete
  2. I love the shirt and the invites!!! I've never understood that either, why kids sleep worse when we keep them up late, but yet if mine fall asleep at 6 they are out all night and will even sleep in!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!