22 June 2013

Joey's 1st Birthday Party

We had Joey's birthday party today, at our house, to celebrate our sweet son turning ONE!  Picture overload...and *warning* lots of these are repeats from FB & IG so....


I kept the decor relatively simple and the menu even easier:  Burgers on the grill.  Joe learned how to make a MEAN cheeseburger with a special mix of seasonings & cheeses.  We also had chips, lots of fresh fruit & veggies & dips and then of course the SWEETS.  Brownies & Cupcakes.  I bought I gimondo pail of vanilla ice cream to serve with the sweets but FORGOT to get it out of the freezer in the garage.  Amazingly, the party went on ;-)
MOMFAIL.  Pink cupcakes for my son's birthday party.  Awesome.
Joey's Smash Cupcake
He handled the whole thing like a champ and was in a GREAT mood despite some teething issues.  He loved when we all sang Happy Birthday to him, until the very end.  He got a little teary-eyed and I don't know if he suddenly freaked out a little bit?  At any rate, he recovered and dove into that jumbo cupcake like he'd been doing it his whole life.  Yay for learning to feed himself earlier this week, lol!
He is the sweetest boy!




 He got so many wonderful, cute, useful, fun presents.  He truly is a lucky and loved little boy.
Helping Mama open all the gifts





 And of course, some people who were much smarter than I, thought to bring Morgan a gift (Nana and the Neufelders) so she wouldn't get upset.  She.Was.Thrilled!
Queen Elizabeth and her jewels

"Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall..."
And just for photographic proof that Daddy was, in fact, at the party...haha.  He was manning the grill and then proceeded to make obscene faces in EVERY picture he was in.  So...this is all I got.
We have family pictures + Joey's one year pictures tomorrow, so I'm off to either pass out from party exhaustion orrrrr find something for everyone to wear.  Happy Weekend!!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Joey's pucker fast while eating his cupcake needs to be framed....made me smile tonight. Happy early birthday to your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job mama!! He is PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!! He is ADORABLE in these pics!! And Mo? Looks 7 :( great party!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey is so precious! Good job on the party mama - looks like it was a big success! I'm loving the pink cupcakes, lol!:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!