23 August 2013

Around Here


I still love Fridays, even if they mean nothing these days.  Lately:

  • Joey was up every.single.night screaming this past week.  Exasperated, I took him in to be looked at suspecting another ear infection.  Nope, just a big molar poking through and randomly, pink eye?
  • The next day he busted his lip and chipped his other tooth.  His pictures are going to be a little goofy the next few years.  At least they'll fall out eventually!
  • He seems to be back to his fearless happy-go-lucky self.  He LOVES to swipe whatever Morgan is holding and run off.  Little stinker.  Also LOVES to be outside and throws the limp-body tantrum whenever I have to drag him back inside.
  • He's starting to say so many words:  Mama, Dada, Nana, No! No! (hears that a lot, haha), Wawa (water), cheese, shirt, ball, get down, thank you ("tee too"), here you go ("dee y'do")
Yesterday, Morgan and I were snuggling on the couch.  She dropped one of her two blankies on the floor.  Joey walked by, picked it up, and put it on her (gah! So sweet!  I melted!)  She said "Thank you buddy!".  Then he promptly grabbed her BY THE HAIR and RIPPED HER ENTIRE BODY OFF THE COUCH.

Morgan is still in her phase of only wearing her "Birdie Dress".  I'm waiting every day for this to pass, especially before she starts preschool in a few weeks.  The fights are not even worth it.  She's getting to be VERY particular about things and I suppose it's all about toddler control and decision making, but man!  It's challenging sometimes.  She's become very sweet & loving toward Joey, which I am relieved to see.

She tries to say "Joseph" because that is what I call Joe when I think he's not listening to me, lol.  Except, it comes out "Do-fess" (dufus, lol!!)  As hard as she tries, she's only said it right once or twice and it's hard for her to correct the order of the "f" and the "s".  Hilarious!!  She'll say "Heeeey Dufus!!" and we all laugh hysterically, which makes her keep doing it.

I SWEAR they were trying to kill me yesterday.  With Joey's pink eye I didn't want him around other kids so we were staying home.  Today we ventured out for lunch and some park running around.  Turns out all we needed was fresh air & new scenery.  Isn't that always the case?  I found a new park to turn them loose at...they can wander and explore to their heart's content and I can walk behind them, relaxed instead of helicopter parenting.

I started my BSN program classes this week and so far, they haven't been too bad.  (Nursing Research and Professional Concepts & Theories)  But I always feel like I'm missing something.  I used to have this recurring dream (nightmare!) there was a class I registered for and completely forgot about -- til the last week of the class and by then my grade was already an F.  Let's hope I can keep on top of the 2 I'm taking!

I'm trying to ignore the pull of fall clothes & sales, but the force is strong.  I've been filling up my shopping carts online, letting it sit there, and then just forgetting about it (much to my husband's delight), never buying anything.  Am I the only one who does this?  Everything I'm choosing is black or gray.  Hmm....  And then there's my new Stella & Dot obsession.  

Happy Weekend!  The Hubby's on call so I plan to try to wear the kids out on my own.  And maybe do a little online fall shopping for back to school - that's totally an appropriate reason now!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your Joey is my Sam- she's an onry one for sure! Love the pic! I'm so ready for Fall shopping!! I'm over the Summer already. Also, good luck with your classes! Are you planning to go back to work? I go back and forth all the time with it! So torn :( hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing hysterically at Joey throwing Morgan off of the couch (he is all BOY!) and Morgan call Joe dufus. The things that come out of kids mouths. You will be kept entertained by those two for life...that I can guarantee you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!