This week... *sigh*. I don't even know where to pick up or start -- in every aspect.
The house? Shambles. School work? Mostly neglected save for two papers I pounded out during naptime yesterday. The kids? Sick. And right when we're supposed to be leaving town. I think they have a 6th sense about these things, like "Hey, Mom & Dad might be ditching us....let's get sick and make them worry! Yeah!" Clean Eating & Exercising? Pffft. I inhaled a box of glazed donut holes...so I'm gonna go with a "NO" on that one.
Nothing major, but both kids have had runny/snotty noses, and now Morgan's on Day #2 of a fever. Her Ped's office says it's a virus they're seeing a lot of right now and to expect 3-5 days of it. Oy. I feel as if all I've done this week is run back & forth between the two kids putting out mini fires and cleaning up a whole laaaaa-hot of poo.
Husband is finally finishing a 12-day call stretch in which he was gone 4 evenings as well. My babysitter canceled on me once and then called me home after an hour the other day because things got a little hairy on the homefront. Every time I feel sorry for myself, I remind myself to suck it up. There are people whose spouses are gone a LOT longer and some that aren't in the picture at all. I'm lucky.
So all that is why I'm rebelling. How exactly, I'm just not sure yet. Probably shopping. It's very therapeutic, lol.
Let's talk about some good things:
First up, congrats to my Bro & Sister-in-law on the arrival of my new baby nephew (who has yet to be named)! He was born at 35 weeks and was only 4lbs 10oz. Like me, my SIL is unable to stay pregnant til the end, lol. I'm told he's healthy but just doesn't want to eat.
![]() |
| Can't wait to get my hands on him!! |
![]() |
| There aren't many cuter things in this world than baby jeans! |
The surgeon I met today was an actual ENT Surgeon (not plastics) and VERY throrough - took an HOUR with me - that is UNHEARD of. He stuck multiple scopes up my nose and sprays and lights and all sorts of fun stuff. He thinks he can fix me up and make me symmetrical again.
Hopefully I will have my toes in the sand on the beach of Kiawah Island very soon if these kids of mine can keep it together long enough to sucker my MIL into staying. Even though it's fall and I'm not really in the beachy mood, I need a little R&R. It's going to be hard being holed up in this shack while the Hubs is at his conferences:
But I'm gonna persevere and manage somehow ;-) Have a fabulous fall weekend!







As I'm reading this right now, my hubs is gone - was called in at 3am for an ortho trauma. He's been on call all week. So I totally know how you feel as far as the life of a doctor's wife. It isn't as glamorous as most people think!
ReplyDeleteHave so much fun on your vacay sweet friend! Relax and enjoy it. You deserve it:)