We had a fun weekend. I always get all gung-ho come Friday evening: "We're going to get out and do something FUN this weekend!" I say.
It always seems like a good idea. But I'm getting old because one day of running around with the kids left me exhausted come Sunday. "Running" being the key word here...seems all we do these days is chase after these two.
Saturday morning I went to Pilates and got home just as the kids were getting up and eating breakfast. We got ready and went to a fundraiser for the NKYCAC (Northern Kentucky Children's Advocacy Center) that had train rides, a petting zoo, games and snacks for the kids, and a big inflatable bouncy house.
We try to go to this event every year and the cause is such a worthwhile one, near and dear to my heart.
 |
| Killing time waiting for our turn on the train |
 |
| He was napping in the car and not too happy about being woke up. Or the hat. But how precious is that face?? |
 |
| Joey gone gangsta. |
 |
| He's on the run again (and this was just before he fell for the 248th time, see his ankle twisting?) |
 |
| Ice cream with Daddy |
 |
| Got to see the fire truck, but he just wanted to run. |
 |
| This was so sweet, they nuzzled like this for quite a while. |
I wish we would've gotten a pic of the 4 of us....here we are last year when Joey was just a few months old: It was pretty chilly out that day and this year it was SO hot!
After a quick lunch and naps at home, we ventured out again, over to Mainstrasse in Covington for Octoberfest (in September? Who am I to question the celebration of German food and beer? Nobody, that's who.)
There was a street chalk art contest going on -- who knew you could be so creative with sidewalk chalk? Morgan & Joey are going to have to start putting more time in on their art in the driveway ;-)
Live music, all kinds of bad-for-you food, and of course beer. Oh, and lots of second-hand smoke. Uggh. It was blazing hot out and Joey is now in the phase where he just likes to bolt away from us every chance he gets. Joe & I were both sweaty messes from chasing after that little turkey!
 |
| She decided to run too... |
 |
| Got her! |
 |
| Sweaty babe from running! |
Oh my gosh! I have been gone for too long!!! Look at how big the kids are getting!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have been gone way too long T! I missed you! Yes, my kids are growing way too fast!
Delete