07 October 2013

Eat, Drink & Be Scary


Eat:  I made Beefy Quinoa Stuffed Peppers and they were insanely good.  All 4 eaters were pleased in this house, so that was a big win.  Recipe HERE (my substitutions: I used ground turkey in place of the ground beef, I used an organic brown rice/quinoa blend that we get from Costco, and I also sprinkled a little shredded cheese on top toward the end of baking).

Drink:  Coffee.  Or just inject it straight IV please.  I've been having 2:00 "reheaters" and they power me through the rest of the day. (A doctor I used to work with always drank day-old coffee, reheated.  So it's totally safe.  I didn't say it was as good as fresh though.)

Be Scary:  Pressure's off for me & the Hubby to find a Halloween costume this year - just found out our beloved Gala is not happening, and instead they're having a Masquerade Ball in the spring next year.  Good.  Stresses me out trying to come up with a costume.

Instead I'm obsessed with dressing the kids in Halloween jammies:
Cutest punkins ever.  

I think the glow in the dark jammies woke Joey up the other night and he was a little scared, ha!
The Rest:  Morgan wore an outfit - of her choosing - OTHER THAN her birdie dress/star shirt/Minnie costume.  TWICE.  I don't even want to get my hopes up...but I am.  She still has no interest in potty training, but tells me all the time "I sit on the potty and I get tattoos?  And ice cream?"  I've pretty much promised her everything but a trip to Mars if she is willing to sit on the potty.

I'm making progress in my living room makeover/Spruce-Up and it dawned on me I could bring a professional on board.  Or I could get it halfway there, not quite right, and just abandon it altogether like I do all the other projects in my house.  Because that's been working SO well for me.

My DAD offered to help me fly to MN with the kids to see my family (me + 2 Toddlers on a plane?  I KNOW there's not enough booze in flight to make that possible) next month...so this might actually happen?  We'll see.  We're big talkers in my family.

We're having a tree guy come over today to plot out where some big new trees will be planted in our backyard.  I'm looking forward to the entire town not being able to see directly into my house when they drive by.  Exciting adult stuff happening here, people. (Not in  my house, I mean the tree purchase!  You know, money that could be used for shoes, purses & fall wardrobe necessities...and home updates?)

And apparently Fall has arrived.  Today.  It's like 55 degrees out and I kinda love it.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!