Ah, love me some Friday.
I was getting a little too cocky thinking "Man, now that I have kids, I never get sick anymore! My immune system rocks" Throw in a few open-mouth kisses from Joey and BAM! Sick Mama. I had a nasty head cold that is finally going away. I can still only hear out of one ear and am going to have to get a job to support my Puffs Plus & hot tea consumption, but other than that, I'm on the mend.
Our week looked a bit like this:
Daddy was working late, so we went to the park after dinner for an evening swing sesh. It was promptly cut short by Joey trying to climb up the slide and busting his lip open.
We also went on a few drives to go scope out houses and properties. We are starting to look for a new house or land to build on. Pickins are slim in our town, so we are starting to look a bit further out. I'm just not thrilled with being way out in the middle of nowhere though. Can't I just have it all? I don't ask for much: A view of the city (OK, that one's least important), a FLAT back yard that's big enough for the kids, a house that isn't 100 years old and DOESN'T need $$$ work done, an attached garage...and neighbors that aren't 1.75 inches away from me.
Two houses I drove to this week were on streets that only one car can drive down at a time, meaning, if an oncoming car is headed your way, one of you needs to pull over. What's up with that???
Anyway, got off track there...back to our week. Up bright and early to take Mo to pre-school:
At Joey's 15-month checkup:
He weighs 24.5 pounds (I couldn't believe this, he feels much heavier!), is 31 inches tall, and growing right on track. He had to get FOUR shots yesterday, uggh. But he only cried a little bit and took them like a champ. Morgan also got her flu vaccine and let's just say she didn't take it as well. I have to go get mine today and I'm dreading it. I have NO problem giving the shots ;-) But being on the other side of the needle sucks.
Daddy bought Joey this from the Princess Bride. Recognize it? "A rat of unusual size"
I sent Daddy a text telling him "Congratulations on buying the ugliest thing in our house"
The kids helped me water my flowers. With a hope and prayer, maybe they'll live longer than a month?
Morgan's been going back and forth between her toddler bed and the "big bed" up in her room. Last night she fell out of big bed around 2am. This isn't the first time. So I end up sleeping with her. At least she doesn't snore.
I'm off to begin working on a BIG paper I have due for school and other assignments that are due. It never ends. On another note, Joey's Ped unoficially offered me a job when I finish NP school. I didn't have the heart to tell him no way could I deal with the annoying parents (like me!)



Bless his heart. Big boy! Ivey weighs 27 pounds at age 3. Ivey freaked out too with the flu shot! She grabbed it and yanked it out of her leg. The nurse grabbed it from her and stabbed it back in her thigh. The drama! Good luck with house hunting! I say build! That way you get what you want!
ReplyDeleteOur house is 100 years old too. And, while I love that it's super charming and so quaint, I'd also love to experience living in a home that's a bit more modern (i.e. floors that aren't crooked, etc). That, and our neighbors are also super close to us - as in like 10 feet from our house to theirs. So I totally feel you on the house hunting!!!
ReplyDelete