06 November 2013

More catching up

How is it November already?  In my defense, I was pretty much drugged into a coma for the last week of October.  But still.  (For the record, I'd make a horrible drug addict.  Narcs make me super grouchy....either that or I'm turning into a grumpy old lady like my husband says.  Which I refuse to believe.)

Anyway, on to the Happs round here.... I took Morgan with me to run some errands around town last Saturday morning.  We popped in to Fort Thomas coffee because I needed a fix.  She got a little hot chocolate and we shared a muffin.  She thought she was the neatest thing ever with her hot cocoa (or "coffee!" as she kept saying).  I love getting to do these little things with her and spend some one-on-one time with her.  I look forward to doing this more as she grows up.

 Saturday night we got all gussied up and went to the Happy Feet Ball for the Northern Kentucky Charities Guild.  It was so fun - all for such a great cause too - lots of people around our age to mingle with, and the highlight of my night?  I won the split the pot raffle - $468!!
PS:  I wore my Target black booties that night and NEVER AGAIN.  I felt like my feet were fractured that night and the whole next day I could barely walk on them.  Thinking about burning them.  I hope nobody else bought them!!!  Apparently being an old lady means it's time to invest in orthopedic shoes. *sigh*

Sunday was spent meal prepping and I went to a freezer meals gathering put on by one of the MOMS Club members.  Basically we buy the oils & spices from her (Wildtree products, which are free of MSG and other preservatives, all organic) and add them to prepped meat/veggies.  Toss in the freezer and *VOILA!* you have a meal whenever you need one.  I haven't made one of them yet, but can't wait to try them all!!  I've had ZERO interest in cooking lately and it doesn't help that the kids are in a phase where they pretty much don't eat anything I make.  SO frustrating.

These two monkeys are conspiring to figure out how to open the baby gates.  They're getting close....
 Joey likes to sit at the table and eat with Morgan now. Which excited me, because for a hot minute I thought "Yes! I can put his high chair in the basement now!"  Buuuuut he's got a long ways to go before he is "table ready".  Makes messes like a boss.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I hope you do something fabulous with that money!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting the girls out for one on one time too, they get so excited! Yay for winning money! Also if your freezer recipes turn out good please share! I need to start that bc these kids don't give me any extra time to cook come 4/5 pm!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!