OK, I will confess: I hate the snow & the cold. Most people do, right? But I REALLY hate it. So much so, that I don't even take my kids out to play when it's cold outside. Easy to see why I'm not the fun parent, right?
Last Sunday, after a few more inches fell on top of the few inches we already had, we ventured out into the mild (30's!) temps and had some fun. Daddy was working allllll weekend long and we needed to get out!
Luckily I had bought snowpants on clearance last year from Target and they were perfect for this year (probably next year too, score!)
 |
| "You're telling me this is going to be fun, right?" |
 |
| "What is this contraption you have me in Ma?" |
 |
| It's deceiving, but just past that snow in front of them, it drops off significantly. That would be our front yard. |
 |
| The snow was up to his knees |
We built a sad little snowman and I really wished I had a sled to pull them around on...but we still had fun. I taught them how to make and throw snowballs, haha!
 |
| He fell a few times and couldn't get up |
 |
| His little profile kills me! |
We came back inside and I made hot cocoa for all of us. They both went down for a nap, although
only one of them slept. When Joey woke up later on, some of our friends were passing through again. Joey says "Deers! Look! Deers!" and Morgan yells at them "Hey Bambi! Wanna come play with me and Minnie?" I wasn't up for another 30 minute bundling session in one day so we watched from inside, ha!
Who's the fun mom now?
I love this, and your attitude towards the snow. For as long as we have had snow on the ground, we have only really gone out to play in it twice. And there hasn't been the type of snow to build snowmen or throw snowballs. And can I move in with you?? I love the house and that deer come so close!
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures you got!!! We just bought our first sled (a plastic one) this year and Parker LOVES it!! They are too cute in their snow pants, score mama!! And yay for deer in your yard!! What a perfect setting your whole day was!
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute all bundled up like that! And how fun that you guys have deer that close to watch - the kids must just love that! :)
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE A FUN MOM!!! you did so better than me.
ReplyDeletewe build a tiny lopsided one eyed snowman then ran inside. I love these pictures and your adorable kiddos. ugh I should probably find a sled on clearance for next year, maybe we'll do better