A few things on my mind lately:
- This article about asking more thoughtful questions of your spouse was floating around Facebook. It's a good read if you haven't seen it already.
- Then there was this article about why Moms who have 3 kids are more stressed out than Moms who have 4 kids. Hmm, wonder where Moms with 2 kids rank? My husband is on board with 4. One second I look at my two healthy, beautiful, sweet children and I absolutely want 2 more RIGHT.THIS.SECOND. Five minutes later I'm thinking we are definitely tapping out at 2. The timing of this article was ironic, considering we'd just had dinner Saturday night with a couple who has 4 boys and that Mom is super chill. I just really like being around her.
![]() |
| Hmmm....2 more? |
- How do people get moved and settled in so quickly??? I am STILL unpacking. I blame it on the children.
- We finally got our condo listed for sale this week. We still have some junk to clear out there, but I'm praying it sells quickly. The weather needs to warm up so people will go out house hunting. And so I don't lose my marbles. There's an app that shows me all the activity and I check it way too often.
- Speaking of winter weather, everything has been canceled for the past couple of days around here and with the exception of Tuesday night's ice storm, it hasn't even been that bad? Trust me: I'm Minnesotan and I've seen much worse. So if Preschool could just go ahead and get back in session, that'd be swell. Morgan has had TWO days of class in the last month. TWO. You know it's bad when your almost-3-year-old is begging "Can we PLEASE go somewhere today Mama?"
- I will say that going down the driveway has been an adventure this week. I ride the brakes and say a prayer the whooooole way.
- Morgan has kindasorta given up naps. I feel cheated - is this supposed to happen already?
- I'm obsessed with decorating her room. She won't let me pick her clothes? Fine. But I'm decking out her room since I will be the one cleaning it for the next few years. Post to come.
- This shirt makes me incredibly happy and is THE SOFTEST thing I've ever worn. I realized I'm dressing like my sparkly heart-lovin' toddler. I'm OK with it. And I'm ready for Valentine's Day. I had a credit from the fall to use (that I had totally forgotten about!) and had been eyeing this for a minute.
![]() |
| VIA Hot Mama |
- And lastly, since my current situation is not allowing me to get to Pilates class, I decided to try T25. I found one on Craigslist for a STEAL (brand new, unopened!) and two hours later was meeting some stranger in the Walmart parking lot to make the exchange. Of course I text the husband starting out with my usual "If I get kidnapped or murdered....here's why" text. It was some kid, who I'm convinced stole his Mom's brand new workout DVDs to hock for drug money.
I figure I can definitely get up 25 minutes earlier in the mornings to knock this out, right?







I love that sweater! Rock that heart, Mama!:) And be careful on that mountainous driveway!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, we can be T25 partners and make sure the other one is doing it. It's taken me almost two weeks to get the first 5 alpha days done. Tomorrow is the lower body one. Hope you like it (as much as you can like complete torture)!
ReplyDeleteOh - and Tyler also is ready for #3 and then #4. And I seriously change my mind every 5 minutes. I've made the decision that I don't want a newborn at Christmas time so we're at least waiting a few more months to get pregnant. And that buys me a little time to figure out what the hell I'm getting myself into. So on the fence...
Have more babies!! You are so good at making such cuties!! Love that top, so pretty! Cannot wait to see Mo's room!!!!! Unpacking is for.the.birds. It's the worst ever! I hope things thaw out for you quickly!
ReplyDeleteWhen they start canceling everything I literally feel I may cry! I know the feeling! More snow coming for us tomorrow and I'm dreading the lockdown with two kids!
ReplyDelete