I always enjoy getting past the "100 Days to go" mark - I think we're right around 93 days now. Something about double digits makes it seem like it's going to go quick from here on out.
Saw my OB today and everything looked good. I'm having contractions so we're going to wait and see where that leads... In other news, I'm up another 3 pounds. Food is my jam these days, what can I say?
We have some decisions to make to prepare for this sweet Baby -- and since I'm so indecisive, I feel like everything is in limbo.
First up: The nursery. We've decided to use the guest room and turn it into a nursery. My vision right now includes leaving the boring beige walls and going totally neutral with a black/white/beige color scheme. I may throw in pops of color. I don't want it to look too "grown up" though. I've already purchased several items in this scheme, so I guess....here we go! (Also I kinda love the queen size bed mattress that's currently in there, so if there's a way to keep it so Mama can nap close to baby, it stays. I seriously go into comasleep when I nap/sleep up there!)
![]() |
| VIA Danielle Oakley blog |
![]() |
| chair from IKEA |
![]() |
| Link VIA |
![]() |
| Via Natasha over at Schue Love - who has great style! I told her she read my mind. She actually designed the guest room for me, which I never did get around to decorating because we found out we were expecting another baby. |
Speaking of nursery...I'm really resistant to buying a THIRD crib, and a THIRD rocking chair. Would you believe neither of my children are ready yet to give up their rocking chairs? We still use them every day and night for reading books so I do love that. But we did buy all convertible cribs with the intent that the kids would have them just short of forever.
Next up: The family vehicle. I'm still completely in love and having a hard time parting with my Toyota Highlander. But 3 car seats is just not going to work easily. I've been looking and just can't make a decision. The obvious choice is the Toyota Sienna minivan. (Although I've silently kicked/screamed/tantrum-ed the whole time because I just don't want a minivan. There. I said it.) I have to have AWD to get up our mountain of a driveway and the Sienna is the only van that has it. Also, friends who have one (and it seems everyone's got one!) LOVE LOVE LOVE them. So that's comforting. I do think it would make life with littles easier.
But I was also lured in by the Toyota Sequoia and the GMC Yukon Denali. More space. The car seat configuration issue isn't as bad as my Highlander since it's easier to get to the 3rd row. I wouldn't be looking to ditch the vehicle as soon as kids were out of car seats. I can see myself committing long-term to this.
Name: Well we all know by now, in true Tammy & Joe fashion we are nowhere with that!
I also had a mini freakout this week about preschool. Morgan & Joey will both be going this fall and where I currently have them registered is going to have me running around like crazy, not to mention a terrible parking situation AND lots of downtime while waiting for them (their start times and end times are staggered 30 minutes apart). Throw in a newborn and I'm not sure I'm up to the challenge. Of course, the other choices for preschool are already full and they start in 2 weeks. So there's that.







Omg you sound just like me haha!! First of all I've been contracting since 22 weeks and am on meds....I'm due first of Oct but doc thinks I will go early-mid Sept. Scheduled c section today though for Sept 24th!! Ahhhhh!!! Second I have the Yukon Denali and love it!! It's going to be a pain having to put a kid in the back bench but I refuse to drive mini haha! I love your nursery ideas! We haven't done a thing and prob won't really until baby gets here....starting to stress though!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous of your date, lol! Here's praying you don't end up on bedrest, because it does not mix well with toddlers! I looked at the 2015 Yukon Denali and they are NICE. But the most expensive option, boo. I doubt I'll get much accomplished either before baby gets here...can't wait to see what you're having!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand the minivan reluctance. They are definitely the most family friendly, but I still just don't think I could commit. I've seen the Yukons and they look amazing! Loving the idea of a neutral nursery:) It will all come together, Mama!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I'm not the only one with minivan reluctance, lol. I think every person who has ever bought one probably felt the same way at some point. But the price point on them IS a big consideration too (so much better!) We'll see how long my neutral nursery lasts. I have a tendency to want to "girl it up" and pink all the things if baby is a girl!
Delete