After a few days on the beach, we relocated to the hotel where most of the wedding party would be staying, about a half hour away in Boca Raton. Truthfully, we couldn't get out of that last hotel fast enough.
The day of the wedding, some of us girls who were not part of the wedding party decided to get our hair and makeup done too. I just wanted to feel pretty and I found a dress that I absolutely loved and was incredibly comfortable.
![]() |
| This dress, except mine was black (and on clearance, yay!). No longer available. |
| Can these ladies do my hair and makeup every day? Pretty please?? |
| With the dress and my new favorite earrings. They seriously go with everything. |
Lots of selfie opportunites during the downtime. Which there was a lot of when you're not in the actual wedding.
| Such a handsome tiny tornado. I was crazy for him in this little suit! |
We didn't even to see the actual wedding because as soon as Joey saw Daddy walk down the aisle he was all "There's Daddy! I want Daddy! I want CAKE! Where's the CAKE? I want to dance wif da pretty girls!" Which just spiraled into a 7-course tantrum from there. I kept trying to keep him happy (away from the wedding and out of ear shot) but it was no use. At one point, my MIL and I took the kids in the bathroom, who were both losing their minds, and barricaded off the door to let them work out their demons. It didn't work. I'm sure people wondered what the heck was going on in there. I had hit my breaking point and was about to lose my false lashes from the tears. #reallife
I left Morgan at the wedding where I'm told she & her Daddy were dancing machines til the very end.
Joey and I hit up the McD's drive-through and he was so upset he just threw chicken nuggets at the back of my head while I tried to find our way back to the hotel. He finally ate some chocolate chip cookies, calmed down, and we capped off our evening watching Bridesmaids in the hotel. If there ever was a time a little wine would've come in handy, this was it.
| Thank God for you, Kristen Wiig. |
I asked "What are you sorry for honey?"
He said "I cryin' in da car and scweamin". OMG. I couldn't believe he was really saying that! Poor kid was so miserable and I was such a spaz. I felt terrible. I was mad because we missed the whole wedding and what was supposed to be a fun night for all of us. I was mad because I had wasted money on hair, makeup and a dress that I only wore for maybe 3 hours? I was mad at myself for not being able to "get my kids under control". I was mad at myself for how I reacted toward my children. I was just plain mad and totally disappointed. But while I snuggled with him in bed, and realized he was so much happier and more comfortable, I realized we can't always force our plans onto these little people and expect them to cooperate. I am the grownup here and I needed to act like one, while showing this sweet little boy a little extra love and compassion.
The rest of the trip was spent relaxing and we all started feeling just a wee bit better by the very end.
| I will love this pic strip forever. The fun they had at the wedding! |
Meanwhile, the kids ask multiple times a day "When can we go back to Florida?"
HAHAHAHA. Not. Funny.




You definitely need a vacation from that vacation! And even if it was only for 3 hours, you looked absolutely stunning in that dress with your hair and make up. Totally worth it:) Glad you all got back safe and sound!
ReplyDeleteThank you! You are right, a real vacation is definitely in order ;-)
ReplyDelete