12 September 2014

32 Weeks & Fall is here

This week, we got a little taste of our new fall schedule.  I should just title all my posts "My kids are sick again" because...well...truth hurts.  I think our new routine will be great, if not exhausting.

So Morgan had to miss her first day of classes.  This was AFTER her school already had two teachers & a director quit.  And AFTER they delayed the start date yet again because they didn't have the necessary permits approved through the state.  Oh, and AFTER I sat with her in Children's Hospital ER Sunday night for 3 hours without being seen.  They were concerned enough to continue monitoring her pulse ox (oxygen saturation levels) and since those were fine, I packed her up and took her home, telling the staff I'd just follow up with her dr. the next day.

At least the hospital is close to a Dunkin' Donuts that's open 24 hours.  I really needed some pumpkin munchkins at midnight after the night we'd had ;-)

Anyway, that little respiratory enterovirus going around is wreaking havoc and I just wanted to make sure she didn't have it because all her symptoms matched up.  Thankfully, just a pesky infection.  Not so fortunately, antibiotic-related diarrhea that kept us housebound later in the week.

But we had good things this week too:

The first day of school:

She wants to be a princess when she grows up.  Her favorite colors are pink & purple.  And her favorite food is "healthy food", ha!

The first night of dance classes, which will be Daddy/Daughter night:
I can't get enough of this little hamburger.
 We hit up the park and the Dairy Bar for one last time this season before they close:

Had to include my favorite little guy...he's been such a love this week.  He's had some 1:1 Mama time and I think that is just what we both needed.  Although it confirms our suspicions that he REALLY wishes he was an only child.
 We got to have a dinner out downtown to celebrate my sister-in-law's wedding:


I tried a bold lip color for Fall and I am just not sure I can pull it off:

We took in one more Reds game on the most beautiful of days:


I chopped my hair into a long bob and went a little darker.  It's what I do, come every fall:

In pregnancy news, nothing new to report other than a big growth spurt confirmed at my OB's office when he measured me this week.  Chugging right along.  I'm definitely starting to retain water and my feet are puffy today.  Guess I won't be wearing my new boots anytime soon :(

Indulged in a mani (Essie Smokin' Hot) and Candy Corn, which is my crack:

And today it's in the 60's (amen!) so I'm sipping on my Teavana Pumpkin Spice Brulee tea while the kids nap.  We had a play date this morning with a sweet friend and it rejuvenated my soul.  I even skipped my nap today!  No, really.  That's huge.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Awww. Poor girl. I am glad she is feeling better now. We had some virus go through our house and Sydney missed a day on Monday. She was so upset. Almost a week later and the cough/congestion is still here.
    Ps- you are too freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T, you are so sweet! Don't you just hate it when our bb's are sick?? I hope Sydney is feeling better now...these sickies just linger on & on :(

      Delete
  2. Skipped your nap? Wow! You must be feeling like a rock star! Love the hair and mani! So glad your princess is feeling better. You're looking gorgeous at 32 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!