I am eagerly counting down the hours days til Baby #3 arrives. 15 days, or 2 short weeks from tomorrow. It's hard to believe we're going to have a newborn baby in the house again, but then again, we have 12 straight days of call to survive between now and then. And I'm not getting any smaller or faster.
This weekend was the last weekend I'd have my sweet husband around, free & clear, so I had big thoughts of getting stuff done, but not much of it got accomplished. Oh well.
It was a lay-low-and-snuggle-in kind of weekend. Full of flannel and punkin jams and doughnuts. I can't seem to eat enough sugar and it's really grossing me out. We also visited my MIL around dinner time (conveniently, lol) Saturday afternoon & evening so Joe could help her with some technology-related issues she was having.
 |
| He's been very snuggly lately, even when not sick. I think he knows the baby is coming... |
It was downright chilly most of the weekend -- definite scarf weather, which me and my extra bun are L-O-V-I-N-G btw. My feet and ankles are so swollen that NONE of my shoes or boots fit me, except one pair of ratty old TOMS. I refuse to buy bigger shoes for the next two weeks.
By Sunday afternoon, the sun was shining and we had to get out of the house. We decided to check out a stop or two on the Herbst Tour and ended up at Little Rock Farm, where the kids got to run around, go through a hay bale maze and we got to buy a 1/4 of a cow.
All my dreams are coming true. But seriously, we have been looking for a local source of hormone/antibiotic free beef and we found it. Just need to get my freezer space readied before Bessie gets butchered.
 |
| I don't even question her outfit choices any more. |
 |
| He insisted we buy just ONE MORE PUMPKIN. |
 |
| 37 Weeks - Large and In Charge. |
At this moment, I'm avoiding cleaning Joey's car seat -- his almost brand-new Britax. He vomited all over it last week as I was on my way to my OB appointment. I had to reschedule my appointment, get him home & cleaned up. Anyone have any tips on cleaning those things? I hosed it off really well, but it still smells and there is still...um....debris. Ugggh. GAG.
He got a little stomach bug, which we think was something he ate because nobody else got it. Long story short, he vomited and vomited all night long. I went through every spare piece of bedding/blankets we had PLUS several towels. So. Much. Laundry. It took me 5 bed changes to realize I should've been laying towels down all along. Live and learn. Anyway, poor little guy was so sick and I ended up staying awake for 40 hours straight. Can't say I've ever done that before, nor do I ever want to again. So happy he's feeling better and thankful nobody else got sick. Now....about that car seat....
 |
| Always with a ball in his hand, that boy. We love him so. |
Hang in there! It's almost time! Boo about the carseat and tummy bug. Yay about the beef! I'm jealous. It's going to be delicious!
ReplyDeleteI'm probably going to have to hit you up for some beef recipes!
DeleteCan't believe you're so close! Good luck with the next 12 days of call - I'll be thinking of you, Mama, as I know how tough that is. Glad Joey is feeling better. But ick - so sorry you have to deal with that car seat. I'm gagging thinking about it.
ReplyDeletePS: Did you crave sugar with
your other pregnancies? The old wives tail says girl for that:) Mine was salt - all day long - and it was a boy, so it was true for me, lol!
I DID crave sugar & sweets with Morgan, so it's funny you say that! And with Joey I def wanted salty and healthier foods! I've been wasting time on those Chinese gender prediction charts and they say boy, so who knows!!
DeleteCan you not take the cover to the car seat off and wash it in your washing machine? That's what we always do.
ReplyDeleteAnd you are so cute! I'm excited to see what this baby will be! :-)
Those Britax covers are next to impossible to remove, but that's what I'm doing. They also never go back on the same way, such a pain! Thanks for the compliment ;-)
Delete