Just so I don't feel guilty that I totally dropped the ball in the decorating & homemaking department because I'm thisclose to having a baby, I wanted to share my VERY minimal efforts for decorating this year. Maybe it's just the innate Momguilt speaking to me, forcing me to provide photographic evidence to MoJo that See? Mommy didn't totally forget about you guys or Fall or Halloween!
I really wanted to have some decorating done, have the kids' Halloween costumes decided & purchased, and their little PB treat buckets dug out of storage before the baby arrives. Check, check, and check. It's all about low expectations my friends.
Up first: The foyer. I still think the bottom shelf needs a little something(s)...
And the mantle: I found this little package with a cute banner at Micheal's for 50% off. So I snapped it up, not realizing all 168 pieces had to be assembled. So that's how I spent my Friday night -- hating Martha Stewart.
I love seeing everyone's fall decorations and really hope to step up my game next year. It was fun this year trying to decorate the new house with all my old decor -- I'll definitely have a better idea of what I need to be hunting for when the clearance sales hit post-season.



Good for you for assembling that banner! I loved the banner but didn't buy it because I run an assembly free house these days! ;) A stack of coffee table books and move one of those pumpkins down and you will have yourself a styled bottom shelf!
ReplyDeleteHa, I typically try to run assembly free as well, but this was a major oversight on my part! I got in too deep once I opened the package and my laziness to return said banner outweighed my laziness to just forge ahead. Great suggestion, I'm gonna go dig in the basement for a stack of coffee table books. I know we have some somewhere!
Delete