I still can't get over how early school starts in this part of the country. Back in MN, school NEVER started until the day after Labor Day. Always and forever.
Anyway. Morgan and Joey both started Pre-K this week. It's nice they can be in the same little class together because I was worried about Joey... this is his first real school experience, but Morgan is a pro at it by now. She attended the same class last year and absolutely loved it. Morgan was the model big sister and the teacher told me what a good helper she was. And Joey did just fine! I was so proud of them both!
| An attempt at a family picture that only took 37 tries! |
The teacher and her aides took pictures throughout the day and texted me a few, in addition to putting them on the school's FB page. I loved seeing how happy they were and what they were up to all day. Here are just a few:
They made blueberry smoothies, which we had to duplicate as soon as they got home from school. Of course, I seized the opportunity to stuff a few handfuls of baby spinach in. Evil mom ;-)
Meanwhile, I hung out with this sweet girl. I don't even know what to do with myself with the other 2 in school, but spending one on one time with Claire Bear is priority number one. Although I have to see if she can fit me in to HER busy social calendar; she had a date with our sitter who wanted to take her to the Aquarium. I have a feeling someone is going to get spoiled rotten!
Before I get too excited about all this free time with just one child at home, I have to remind myself that school starts back up for me next week. Womp womp womp. Will I ever be done? It's going to be an interesting (and busy) fall with work and school and running the kids around, but I'm looking forward to this new phase of life. Things are always changing and I love watching my babies grow, learn, and thrive!









0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!