08 June 2011

June?

I can't believe it's already June.  Time is going way too fast!!!  Morgan gets more and more fun each day.  She now smiles at me daily, especially in the mornings.  She laughs the cutest little laugh too. 

She communicates with me to let me know she's hungry:  She starts smacking her lips and sticking her tongue out when it's time to feed again.  SO cute.  When she starts gnawing off her chubby little hands, I know I've got about 5 seconds before a nuclear meltdown occurs.

She's gotten VERY mobile -- how this is possible I don't know.  OK, I do know:  She kicks and squirms and scoots...and does something that almost resembles the start of an army crawl?  Already?  Anyhoo, she doesn't stay where I put her any longer.  So now I have to strap her in to every seat I put her in and keep an extremely close eye on her at all times.

We've been going for stroller walks a lot.  That is, when it's not 100 degrees out, so earlier in the morning or early afternoon.  I've also learned it's a heck of a lot easier to collapse the stroller, throw it in the back of my jeep, and have it "just in case" when we go somewhere, than to be stumbling in and out of stores lugging her heavy carseat. 

Here's a few pics, just for fun, of her yesterday.  She's getting SO expressive, I'm just in love with all her little faces!  We went to our friend Dahlia's house for lunch with a group of other friends & mommies & babies.  It was SO fun and the food was awesome!  I told Dahlia if they came to my house for lunch, it would be chips & sandwiches, lol!  I wish I had taken my camera to the lunch and gotten pictures, but next time.


I almost passed this outfit by in her closet, thinking "It's probably too big". WRONG.  Good thing I tried it, because she probably won't be able to wear it much longer!  Notice leg rolls....gah!  I could just eat them up!




Yesterday, while out and about, I finally found Mo a little swimsuit and a sun hat that will actually fit her.  Earlier in the week, she got some cute little shades to protect her eyes.  And I learned that you're not supposed to put sunscreen on babies less than 6 months old.  Who knew??

As for sleeping...it's been hit or miss.  She went from NEVER sleeping - and doing the 3 hour blocks at night - to taking a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and sleeping for 5-6 hours at a stretch during the night.  Just when I get excited about this, she reverts back to her usual ways, sometimes fussing every 30 minutes or so.  And now that she's so WIGGLY, I find her in the oddest positions and have to re-position her.  Like sideways in her bassinet.  She doesn't quite fit, lol!

The Hubs has had a cold, so he's been banned from any physical contact from Mo for the last few days...we just cannot risk her getting sick.  I'm hoping he's on the mend and at least not contagious anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!