Well aren't I on the ball today...
Five months ago, we were blessed. Surprised, but blessed... Another photo overload alert! If you'd rather not see variations of the same facial expression/outfit/pose/kid, better hit the back button on your browser and get out while you still can ; )
![]() |
| There is nothing better than waking up to this sweet innocent face every morning! |
We've been staying inside a lot since it's 200 degrees outside. I realized even when we DO go places, lately (and we do, I promise!) I never remember to take my camera. So this week we had lunch at my friend Dahlia's place and I whipped out my Droid as proof that I actually leave the house with my baby. I'll post those later.
A few updates as to what Mo is up to these days:
- She's eating 5 ounces at a time, breast milk plus some formula mixed in. We've stopped the NeoSure preemie formula (that we were mixing with the breast milk) now and she's doing great. I tried a little rice cereal mixed with breast milk earlier this week on both the spoon and in the bottle. I don't think she quite got the concept of eating off the spoon and didn't really care for it, so I didn't push it. The nipple on the bottle got clogged (note to self: must poke bigger hole next time) so I didn't get too far with that either. I'll try again next week. I'm in no rush for this because her adjusted age is still only 3 months and I know it takes the digestive system a little longer to mature.
- She's always gnawing on her hands or my shoulder and is a drool machine. I don't feel any teeth yet. She also is always trying to snuggle in and bury her head in my armpit lately, especially when she's trying to fall asleep. When I told Joe he said I should probably stop wearing deoderant (because of the chemicals). I told him that might count as child abuse and would be very cruel, lol! On second thought....maybe that would deter her from going there.
- I'd estimate she's just over 12 pounds now. She WILL NOT go to bed before 10pm. Every night it's an hours-long struggle where we lay her down, she is sleepy or already asleep, and within 10 minutes she wakes up crying. Repeat 3 - 5 times. I've lasted 10 whole minutes in letting her cry it out, but then I cave. And believe me, she is no where NEAR giving up at that 10-minute mark. The screaming intensifies, she cries so hard she starts gagging/choking, there are real tears all over her soaked little head. It's quite dramatic. I'm hoping it's just a phase...and if the worst thing we are facing right now is THAT, I can live with it. I've been wondering if there is something wrong causing this -- Reflux? Gas? Teething? But as soon as we pick her up, it's as if someone hit the MUTE button, so I don't know...I think it's a comfort/security thing.
- Once asleep, she sleeps through the night til 6 or 7am. I feed & change her, then she sleeps another 2 hours. Naps during the day are hit or miss. And she's a VERY LIGHT SLEEPER. OMG. I joke that a fly could fart outside and Mo would hear it and startle awake. I really can't complain, I just wish I had a little more time in the evenings to myself. Selfish, I know, but by the time she is finally zonked out for the night, I'm worn out and ready for bed myself!
And this, just because my hydrangea bush makes me happy, as do pretty vases, as do reasons to use my wedding pretty vases:












She looks like she's soaking every moment in with those big, beautiful eyes!
ReplyDelete