21 July 2011

Bittersweet

The other night I cleaned out Morgan's dresser and closet.  I pulled out all of her Preemie/Newborn/0-3 months clothes that no longer fit her and pulled out the 3-6 months clothing that I thought would never fit her.  I thought she'd be teeny tiny forever.


The Preemie size on the Right, the 3 months size on the Left.

In the NICU, wearing the Preemie size.  I remember it was still too big on her teeny little body!


Morgan, at 5 months old in the 3-6 months onesie.


I can't describe the emotions I felt when looking at each tiny little piece of clothing that my little baby once wore.  I just stared and held them up to look at them a while longer.  I even held them up next to her in disbelief.  It's so hard to comprehend she was once 3 pounds and that some of the preemie clothes were too big for her.  I got a little sad, I won't lie.  Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy and thankful that she's growing --  just like she should, but you other mamas out there can attest to this feeling I'm sure.  She'll never be that small again.

My baby is growing up.  I thank God every single day for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!