Yesterday Morgan and I went to visit her old home: the NICU at University Hospital. I distinctly remember saying to my husband the day we walked out of there "I don't care to ever see this place again!" But when a NICU grad turns one year old, it's tradition that they come back in for a visit. I was looking forward to this, strangely enough. I wanted to show off my baby girl and let those nurses see that because of their hard work and love and care, I now have a perfectly healthy one year old. It was a little emotional for me. We didn't know if our brand new baby girl would even SURVIVE at the time...let alone that she would go on to spend her first 35 days of life there.
I know as a nurse myself that you don't always get the "Hey Thanks" or "Great job"...and that's not why we do the job. But it's also hard to send patients home and never know what happens to them. The majority of them you never see again. So I feel like this was gratifying for both sides. I tried to remember to thank each one I saw yesterday for the blessing I was holding in my arms.
I wish I had pictures to share, but I'm waiting on my Mother-in-law to send me some that someone took with their cell phone. I might have had the foresight to whip my camera out if I hadn't been consoling a VERY cranky little girl. Her teeth are REALLY bothering her and in my excitement of showing her off, I forgot to medicate her with some Tylenol before we left. Can you say momfail?
Anyway, it was a wonderful visit and so good to see those familiar faces again. They all noticed my belly and we had a good laugh. I said "We liked the first one so much, we decided to do it again! But we hopefully will NOT be coming to see you guys again!" ha ha ; )
In other news, the photographer that came to Morgan's bday party last weekend posted 2 sneak peeks on Facebook of her post-edits -- I'm so excited to see the rest of them!!
![]() |
| I'm amazed Michelle was able to capture one of maybe THREE smiles we got all day out of the overwhelmed birthday girl! |
I need to play catch-up with documenting this pregnancy too....oh my goodness time is flying. I think I am 22 weeks today? I had THE BIG ultrasound last week! Everything looked perfectly healthy on our little one. My doctor teased me "Are you SUUUURE you don't wanna know what you're having? Because I know!!!" I told him "Don't mess with me! I'm pregnant. And weak! I will CRACK!" lol! So for now, I've remained strong and baby #2 will stay a surprise! Belly pics to come. And the cutest ultrasound picture I've ever seen, once I can figure out how to get it scanned in.
And lastly, today I'm running around packing for Florida. Have I mentioned already 347 times that we're going? Ha ha... I don't want to say exactly when we are going -- I feel like that's just asking for someone on the interwebz to track me down and break in my home. I might be a little paranoid, lol.
So today, I've been trying things on and I even picked up a few new pieces of clothing to fit my ever-expanding waistline. Is it just me, or does anyone else love to get new clothes for vacation? In my defense, I did not have any summer maternity-friendly clothes since Morgan was due in April (but arrived in February, so I never even got that huge 8-9 month preggo belly). I got brave and ordered a maternity bathing suit ONLINE from Old Navy (can you say sexy? OR NOT ha ha). I was very pleasantly surprised at the fit...I think it's gonna work just fine! I'm finding a lot of cute staples at Old Navy for maternity wear -- long tanks, long skirts, a few pairs of shorts. Everything else I am just buying a size or 2 bigger so that I can wear it after this baby is born, because let's be honest -- I will be rocking baggy clothes for at least 3 months post-partum.
Now if I can just do something about my glowing WHITE skin ; )





What a special visit - so neat you guys took the time to do that! And she is a DOLL - love those pictures of her!!
ReplyDelete