06 February 2012

Our Weekend

We laid low this weekend.  Morgan and I were given strict instructions to let Daddy work as he has a big important talk to give at work this week.  So we girls were on our own. 

Two buddies.  This is how we rock a Saturday afternoon.
Oh and if I look "glowing" in that pic above, I got my hair colored slightly darker last weekend and tried a new self-tanner in preparation for our trip to Florida, ha ha ; )  While I looked a little too Snooki-ish at first, I really liked it -- AND it didn't stink!  It smelled like almond-scented lotion!
On Saturday we went to Hobby Lobby and out to lunch at Chik-Fil-A.  They are so nice there!  I always forget, if I take her out to eat and it's a place I have to go back & pick up the food, I have to make the choice to a) Leave my baby at our table (not happening) or b) leave our stuff/diaper bag/etc. at the table.  At Chik-Fil-A they saw my dilemma and brought the food right to us!

We ate dinner topless and read the paper afterward -- what, you don't do that at your house?

We made lots of big messes with scrambled eggs and toast with jelly:

On Sunday I forced a Daddy break and ran to Michael's alone (because it was during Mo's nap) to pick up a few more things for Morgan's bday party.  I am getting my Martha Stewart on, let me tell you!

When I returned home, my baby was dressed like this, but with the addition of a fleece hooded jacket that is black with white polka dots (that would have just completed this picture, darnit for not getting it!):
Seems Daddy had taken her down in our cold basement with him while he did some more work and he wanted her to be warm.  It was a sight, lol!!

We missed Daddy -- it's back to work today for him, then he's on call this upcoming weekend.  So basically it means we will be missing him for 24 days straight by the time his next day off comes.  I can't lie, those get to be some loooong days alone.  I am not whining (OK, maybe I am a little bit).  I know it could be worse - I don't know how single parents and military spouses do it!!

I did a lot of crafting and preparation for crafting, addressed and mailed out Morgan's birthday party invites, ordered some warm weather clothing for our upcoming trip to Florida and made blueberry pancakes ; )  All in all, not a bad little weekend!

3 comments:

  1. sorry hubby is away for so long... hopefully the next 24 days FLY by. you two are just gorgeous though! love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend minus daddy not being able to join in. You look great with the self-tanner! What brand is it? Your baby girl is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amy - the self tanner is by Sun Laboratories - purchased off Amazon.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!