As I continue to grow this precious little bebe inside me, I decided to get on the ball and get some photographs of the nursery taken. There are still some personalized little details I'd like to add, but won't be able to until after bebe arrives.
If you remember from an earlier post, here was the ugly "before", which was my husband's office. I wasn't allowed in this room and it. was. a. disaster! From the grandma-ish faux-finish paint, to the big gawdy window treatments, to all the dark way-too-big for the space furniture. Just bad. Bad all around.
BEFORE:
And here is the After:
| Dakota can often be found in here, hiding out. |
| Need more Poms! |
| Need to add something above the changing table |
I LOVE how calm, CLEAN, and peaceful it is in here now. Part of me wants to leave it exactly as is, because I know it will be cluttered with "stuff" once baby is here.
But some things I want to do/add include:
- Add a white floating shelf above the changing table. I am also still toying with the idea of a large cursive-font cutout monogram to go here, but if this baby is a boy, that might be a bit too feminine?
- Finish the Poms mobile above the crib. I will either add more white and some pastel colors or hang some gray ones up there. I think the colors would be more fun for bebe to look at though! It looks kinda skimpy now...
- Get a circular area rug for the center of the room. I've looked online like it's my full-time job and not found anything I loved that wasn't ridiculously expensive.
Am I missing anything here guys??
Here's a list of where we got everything, in case anyone's wondering:
- Crib/changing table/nightstand/tall chest: Pottery Barn Kids (Larkin Collection). We got a great deal on this set because they discontinued the color of the furniture - but we couldn't get the same color of crib. So we decided we didn't care that it didn't match perfectly (the crib is a brighter white and everything else is a creamy-off-white. Oh well. It was worth the $$$ saved)
- Glider Rocker & Ottoman: Babies R'Us (I wouldn't order from them again, although I got a steal of a deal!) So far, I've been using the rocker to read in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. It is super comfortable, both pieces glide/rock/swivel smoothly and I LOVE the high back on the chair to rest my head & neck on.
- Lamp & shade on nightstand: Lowe's
- Fabric Bunting hung behind crib: Etsy seller BooBahBlue ( http://www.etsy.com/shop/boobahblue). Flawless to work with, fast shipping, highly recommend!
- White Poms: Leftover from Morgan's 1st Birthday party....no lie! Got them at a local party store and haven't had a chance to go back and get more yet.
- Framed Italian animal print - got this from an Etsy seller for Morgan's room, but "relocated" it to new baby's room. She never even noticed it when it was in her room, but now whenever she comes in here, she points and babbles until someone lifts her up and names off all the animals on it.
- Crib bumper, fitted sheet & blackout curtain panels: Pottery Barn Kids Harper gray & white collection
You maybe noticed the crib looks a little "lived in"....Morgan's been sleeping in here since we had guests in town that used her bedroom. Also, this room is easier for people that are here helping us out with her (no stairs!). I will remove the bumper pad and we'll raise the mattress back up for the new bebe, even though the plan is for him/her to sleep in the bassinet in our bedroom for the first few months.
I LOVE the light that comes in this room, however, blackout curtain panels are a must. We still have the cellular shades up that help block out noise and let in filtered soft light (we didn't see a point in taking them down, they will be good for re-sale since they were custom ordered). We realized Morgan wasn't sleeping well for naps when it was too bright in her room (and waking up EARLIER and EARLIER with the sunrise, uggh!). I'd heard of people even putting tin foil over their child's windows to block out light. While I can appreciate the theory behind that idea, I wasn't crazy about how it would look. So I waited until the PB Kids blackout panels went on sale and can say they are worth every penny! (Morgan has the hot pink polka dot panels in her room).
So there you have it, the nursery! It may not be Pinterest-worthy, and I don't yet have all those special little details and personal touches I want, but I love how it turned out!
Now we just need a baby in there ; )




Love it, Tammy! And I love the color you chose for the walls! It looks so peaceful & calm in there. A great place for the babe to take nice, long naps & sleep 12+ hours a night! Right?! :)
ReplyDeleteI love it! I can't wait to see what color you get to add!
ReplyDeleteI love it! You did such a great job!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet and serene! I can't believe it's the same room as it was the office - great job :)
ReplyDeleteturned out bEAUTIFUL!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely and ethereal nursery.
ReplyDeleteLove it! It's so pretty!
ReplyDeleteIt's gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see if it's a boy or girl! You did such a fantastic job of keeping it neutral and still comfortable for a little one :)
ReplyDelete