- Annnnd summer's over. Already?!
- Joey slept through the night two nights ago!! Of course I was up 3 or 4 times to check on him. Oh well, at least HE got some sleep ; ) He probably would've slept through the night long before that, but I always get him up and feed him when he starts fussing, thinking "surely he must be hungry, it's been x hours!"
- The Hubs and I enjoyed the Labor Day holiday weekend...mostly alone. We had a babysitter/grandma pretty much every day for just a few hours so we could sneak away. IT. WAS. GLORIOUS.
- I talked my husband OUT of a practical vehicle and INTO a midlife-crisis car. {I'm not sure how I managed that one.} We don't have it yet, but hope to have it locked down middle of this week. I'm not-so-secretly super excited for him; he hasn't had a new car in FIFTEEN YEARS!! I'm not crazy about the fact we might have to order it and it could take 13 weeks to come in though....seriously??
- Morgan's vocab has exploded! She's repeating EVERYTHING! I knew this day would come and now potty-mouth Mommy has to really watch it! It's like a little parrot living in my house, lol! And I pretty much love it.
- It's my birthday month. So I took advantage of the Labor Day sales this weekend and shopped for some fall pieces to add to my wardrobe. Now that I got this MOMbody and all...meh. The pregnancy weight is gone - hallelujah! But I now have a bigger butt and mushy belly. How is that fair?
- I am SO ready to start working out. (More than just pushing 2 babies in the double stroller around the hills in my hood) But I just can't seem to get started....where to begin? So weak. So flabby. So out of shape!
- I got Mastitis for the first time in my life last week. That was completely unfun.
- Morgan is going to start a little school program next week. I went back and forth with this -- mostly because I can't get her into the school I want that's in our town until she turns 2 - and they only enroll in the fall, so it would be a whole year from now. She really needs socialization with other kids and activities now. The program she will start is a farther drive for us, but I think it will be worth it. It's 2 half days per week and I'm so excited for her!
- Joey had his 2-month well check today and he weighs 12 lbs, 7 ozs! Pretty sure the Bengals might want him for a linebacker in another 18 years ; ) (And no wonder my back hurts!) It's a good feeling knowing all that nursing is doing him good. There's something really cool about knowing I am providing 100% of his nutritional needs.
- I have to take both kids to my dr. appt. later today for a recheck of my mastitis. Let's just say I'd rather take a bullet than drag both of them along (my babysitter is sick and I've already rescheduled this appt. once)...I'm hoping it goes better than I'm fearing. Because this morning at Joey's dr. appt. went as AWFUL as I dreaded it would. Morgan had an EPIC MELTDOWN for reasons that are still not apparent to me. It's not like she got shots! Anyway, we left with me carrying my hunkychunk infant in his carseat + Morgan + the enormous diaper bag. I wanted to cry.



Yay for the new car! Boo to having to wait for it! That's the worst!
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at your last paragraph, only because I KNOW that will be me in about 5 months! That is so cute about Morgan repeating everything, but like you said, it's so hard to watch everything you say!
ReplyDelete