15 September 2012

The time I got stuck in a convertible during a test drive

We've been searching for *the perfect car* for my Hubs now for a while.  At this point, I don't care WHAT he gets, as long as he stops taking mine to work!  To catch you up, he hasn't had a new car in 15 years.  And he made sure to get me & the kids a decent/safe ride a few months ago...so I am really excited for him to get something HE'S excited about.  Even if it's not the most practical.

He FINALLY has it narrowed down (it was actually love at first test drive but we had to shop around).  Since the initial lovefest 2 weeks ago, we've had a hard time getting the exact car he wants.

Today we test drove the model he's interested in, but this one was a used car that would give us an idea of what the brand new one would feel like.

(It was the perfect weather day to be test-driving convertibles, BTW.)  A cheap fun date indeed!

When we arrived back on the lot after our test drive, my door wouldn't open.  Not only that, but the whole car went into spaz-mode, and the locks began locking/unlocking over and over again.  I panicked and suddenly became very claustrophobic, lol!  And in case you're wondering YES the top was already up, haha!

Luckily our sales guy came to our rescue after he saw me freaking out...I'm sure I looked REAL sane at that point ; )  It took some muscles, but he got the door open.  I don't think they'll be selling THAT car anytime soon.

I think he'd marry her if her could...
 BTW, I'm pretty sure 2 car seats are NOT going to fit in that back seat.  That's OK...that's what my Mommymobile is for, right?
Drove this too....This one was a yawn-a-thon for me.
 We still don't have a car.  And the saga continues...

So we grabbed some Smashburger...and 2,000,000,000 calories later....blech.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.  And then we headed home.
Love the view of our city skyline heading to my exit home...thankfully today was sunny and upper 70's!  But this was the weather LAST time we went test driving cars. 
 Good thing we had these cuties to come home to...
The cutest Little Old Man I've ever laid eyes on...

Modeling his new hat from Aunt Staci in Minnesota!

Annnddd....Miss Crazy with her Sunnies and stolen Paci.  She was really into grabbing my butt for some reason this day??


Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend!!  I'm so happy my Hubs is off work!  I think Sunday morning will hold pancakes and blueberries and a park date for our little family, then in the afternoon we will head out to my MIL's for a cookout.  Savoring every last little bit of summer we have left.




Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. HI TAMMY!! You are so sweet to stop by and check on us - we are doing GREAT and I am looking forward to getting back into blogging mode!! OMG YOU HAD A BOY!!! Yayyy!! I am looking forward to catching up on your blog and what you've been up to - I have so many questions - birth story? his name? how does M like him? how is life as a mommy of 2? how do you have time to blog? I can't wait to catch up with you!! A BOY, YAY!!!

    And by the way, great story! Yes the time you were locked in a covertible. I feel right at home :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!