23 September 2012

Pinterest Wins & Heartbreak

Lately I've been trying a few new recipes - and they've turned out surprisingly good!

These Mini Banana Pancake Muffins were a BIG hit in our house.  I thought I'd freeze the leftovers...but sadly there weren't any!

The maple syrup is baked in, so no sticky messy toddler hands to fight clean.  And she couldn't wipe her syrupy hands through her wild Lion Mane hair either - WIN WIN.

In an effort to get us all to eat more veggies, I tried these Zucchini Tots and they, too, were devoured by both Toddler and Husband:

 This was really delish, although I used way too many spaghetti noodles and so mine was kinda dry:
Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti Casserole
 And these Balsamic Honey Roasted Carrots are a favorite go-to item now:


 On the docket to try this week:

Quinoa with Sweet Potato, Kale & Pesto 
This one may be a tough sell to the Toddler & Hubs but I'll give it a go I think.  We've been eating Quinoa at least once a week and we all love it - provided I doctor it up a bit with flavored broth & cut up peppers/onions or SOMETHING to give it a boost.

And I'm really itching to make this - I've thought about it so many times only to realize I'm missing one or two ingredients.  Well...not this week my friends!  It's happening.
Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Casserole

You can follow my Pinterest recipes board here: http://pinterest.com/tammyj/eats/

I replicated this outfit and thought I looked pretty cute....(sorry I don't have a picture of my version)

Until the Hubs asked if I was going to change my outfit before we went to a Housewarming party that night because I looked like a Hobo?????  Womp womp.  I changed.

Speaking of heartbreak, don't you just hate it when you find cute outfits on Pinterest/Polyvore and when you click on the links you are led to find out that what you want is sold out?  Or from 2 years ago?  I'm not good at "substituting".  I need the exact piece people!!

I thought I might have a pinning problem.  Until I started following someone who has over 40,000 pins.  I bet she doesn't have two babies at home and a husband who thinks her outfits look like they belong on a hobo.  At any rate....Happy Pinning!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I just bought everything for those zucchini tots this past week and cant wait to try them out! I have way too many pins, but havent had a ton of time recently to do any pinning-haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I think that outfit is cute! I need to find more shirts I can wear with leggings, because lets face it- leggings are as close as I can get to wearing pj pants and still look cute in public.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmm I now need to try everything on your recipe board! That outfit is adorable and perfect for fall. Some may call it the hobo look but hey we like it!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!