30 October 2012

Family Time

My Dad & Sister both came to town for my Grandma's funeral last week.  I wish it had been under better circumstances, but it's always nice to have them visit.  We also got the chance to catch up with some of our extended family who we hadn't seen in years!

I was brave (or so I thought) and took the kids with me to the funeral.  (The Hubs couldn't get out of work, something about being the only kidney transplant doc left in the city as the others were off that day.)  Luckily my sister had gotten into town the night before and was able to help me with the kiddos.  Morgan & Joey did pretty well and were even well-behaved in the church.  I was asked to get up and speak about my favorite memories of my Grandma since I am the oldest granddaughter.  When I got up to walk to the front of the church, Morgan threw a fit and started screaming, so I just brought her up there with me.  I figured people could focus on the cute little toddler and less on the nervous Mom, lol!

Over the weekend, we went to a Halloween party/Fundraiser that the Northern Kentucky Children's Advocacy Center puts on every year.  It was fun to get out and have a little fun after a somber few days.

Just hanging out with Grandpa, telling him who's boss around here.

She can't smile when taking a picture with Mom!  My hair is finally growing back out, BTW, haha...
A wig and a diaper is all you need for a little Halloween fun!

And I wish these were a little clearer; my sister snapped them with her phone and sent them to me when Joe & I ran out to his mom's house for a little bit.  I died laughing!!
 Connie (my sis) said Morgan though she was so neat in this getup; she kept looking at herself in the mirror, ha!!


Joey got in on the dress-up fun too with his Bats onesie and Halloween sockies.

Flo and the Little Witch.  (My wig wasn't quite right but the costume was still fun)

Connie & Jacob (My sis & Nephew)
So fun to have fam in town.  I should add this post was made possible by the Fisher-Price Jumparoo.  Morgan is in school and Joey is a happy little camper jumping around in that thing.  LIFESAVER ; )  When Morgan is home, I am NOT allowed on the computer at all.  She wants to be on it, pounding on the keyboard and throws a fit if I don't let her.  So I don't even attempt to sneak on it anymore....she's getting too smart!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I have two pretty much the same age as yours and love reading your updates. I can totally relate to everything you post! I love the pictures of Morgan with the wig. I don't think there's any way my daughter would keep it on long enough to snap a picture. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First up, I just adore your kidlets:) Second, I appreciate all your thoughts! I'm sure there are other things out there so I'm open to suggestions as we've tried everything we can think of! Life is just full of fussy and sleepy right now. I'm really hoping its a phase and her sleeping will improve but it's just a struggle until that time.

    And thanks for the virtual coffee haha! It's a definite necessity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your costume! How creative! Mo is too cute in that wig, I love how she seems to know that she is too funny! So sorry about your grandmother's passing. Having family around even in those circumstances is such a blessing, I'm glad everyone could get together!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!