17 December 2012

Blessings

Non-stop coverage continues about the Elementary School shooting and I found myself wondering today when the news crews will leave town and let those poor people grieve?  If it were me...I know I'd want some privacy.

I, like many others in our nation I'm sure, am still shaken.  I can't stop thinking about it and I even wake up in the night, worried that something is going to happen to my sweet babies. I had a nightmare last night and I had to get up, get a drink of water and really try to think of something else.  Today I was at the mall.  And as I walked into the food court, I suddenly felt sick to my stomach.  Were we safe?  Are we ever safe?

It makes me sad to think we have to raise our children in such a cruel, senseless world.

I don't like to get political on my blog, but I will say this:  It's not about the guns.  It's about mental health.  You don't see sane people (who own guns) going out & shooting up places.  In every case, the common denominator is young men with severe mental illness.  They simply cannot be integrated in our society.  In trying to remove the stigma that is associated with mental illness, the capacity to cause great danger and even death, has been overlooked.  Of course this is a multi-faceted and extremely complicated issue.

Did you know if you do a Google search and type "Schizophrenic Man"...the next word that automatically pops up is "KILLS".  Horrific that it's so common.

I guess I'm fired up about this now because there have been too many incidents involving children in my area -- and the people responsible for these innocent little people are either on drugs or have a mental illness.    So, basically if I have to hear ONE MORE TIME the phrase "Well hopefully this will start "meaningful conversation" about gun laws", I'm going to scream.

*ENDRANT*

On to brighter, happier topics:  I realize that as crazy as they sometimes make me, I am so in love with these little blessings.


Joey is rolling ALL OVER the place now!

Where do I even start with this one...

"DEEEEEESE!"  She's such a mess.  No, really.

That French Toast Bake recipe was the BOMB.  Glad I only made a 1/2 batch or I'd have gained 20 pounds.  It WILL be made again for Christmas morning!!  Maybe even before ; )

Christmas PJ's

My happy boy!

Another Pinspired chalkboard


Photobucket

1 comments:

  1. i know i say it all of the time but i feel like joey was just born. how is he getting so old so fast? and morgan, is instantly like 4 in my eyes. thanks for the review on the french toast recipe. we are hosting brunch this weekend and i will be adding this to my menu. and blame pregnancy on the added pounds! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!