We had a wonderful Christmas with our two little munchkins this year. They got WAY too many toys and we are blessed that so many people love our kids.
 |
| He is just SO kissable!! |
I can't leave out the fact that Morgan got VERY sick - AGAIN. She had an upper respiratory infection that turned into double ear infection. Today is day 7 and after taking her to the Dr. on Christmas Eve for antibiotics, she is finally on the mend. Unfortunately I think Joey is getting sick now. This round of sickness has DONE. ME. IN. I am currently planning to take her out of her little Toddler School. She just gets over one sickness and then -- BAM! Gets another.
I know she will be exposed sooner or later, but since I have the choice right now? I choose later. I can't handle 2 sick babies, constantly, on my own when the Hubs goes back to work. I know my limit. And believe me; I've hit it.
With Morgan being sick, we kept her home from the Christmas Eve festivities (which she would have loved - the Annual Barone Pizza Night!). She was feeling much better for Christmas Day and Santa presents.
 |
| Christmas Morning....hair and all. But feeling a little better. |
She kinda sorta understood Santa this year. She'd say "See-TAH?" She opened some of her presents (very cautiously, just like she does with everything). She lost interest after 2 or 3 gifts though. We decided next year to just get the kids 3 gifts each. With the amount we got from our VERY generous families here & in MN, and friends....it was overwhelming!
 |
| Tried Sweet Potatoes for the first time! Not a fan. Yet. |
 |
| The scene Christmas Morning..BEFORE ALL the presents were opened! |
 |
| She wasn't sure what to think about her new LOL Elmo. I thought for sure she'd love him. |
 |
| Should've gotten the big guy the next size up Anywhere Chair from PB. Lesson Learned. Seriously, how big does he look here???? |
Mama raked in some nice gifts too...the griddle I wanted showed up under the tree! Pancakes were made. I also got some nice workout clothes from Lululemon and the hype is true; it's good stuff. I got a spa gift certificate which I will definitely put to good use.
UGH I feel ya pain momma- Landon has seriously been sick for the passed month we have been to the doctor every week and going back today. I had my breaking point as well and just sat and cried on the phone with the nurse
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what thats like! Good luck mama! What a great christmas you guys had!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry Morgan was sick, that is so sad. Glad to hear she is feeling better now though! Gracie and Morgan are the same age, so it's fun to see how similar they are. Gracie called Santa "See-Claus". And I totally understand the gift limit in the future. I wrapped all of Gracie's but I put half of them back up in the closet once I saw how much she was enjoying her other gifts, ha!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh BOTH of my kids were sick this Christmas too and yet again we talked about dropping this preschool thing! You probably made the best decision! I am at my wits end with sick babies and it never ends. We didn't even take Hadley the week before Christmas and she still got sick :/ Hoping everyone is doing better around your house!
ReplyDeleteOur little Morgan has also been sick. It seems like this time of year the children just stay sick. Glad she is feeling better though and they are just getting so big! Christmas is definitely an overwhelming time for the little ones.
ReplyDelete