11 December 2012

Super Mom

We had a busy, but fun weekend.  Saturday we had some dear friends come for a visit and they brought their kids to play with our kids.  So fun!  They have a little boy, Johnny, who is older than Morgan and they have a little girl, Kristy, who is older than Joey.  It was nuts and fun to just hang out, eat, let the kids destroy the house.  I have to admit, I was so thankful for the company and a house full of adult noise (other than my children's whining and crying which is the usual soundtrack around here).

Sunday evening, the babysitter was free and offered herself up.  So OF COURSE we took advantage!  We went to see the new Bond movie.  Daniel Craig? Yes Please. 


We had some nachos and a beer while we were waiting for the show to start.  Halfway through the movie, Joe started feeling ill.  Now I can't say if he caught what Morgan had - or if it was the nachos - but he was SO SICK all night long, vomiting, fever, chills, and more vomiting.  The man NEVER calls in sick to work - NEVER.  But he did today.  We are going through a lot of Lysol.

Anyway, back up to Sunday afternoon:  We won tickets to a kid's Christmas play at a theater nearby.  I thought it would be SO FUN to take Morgan.  So I made her nap early in order for us to make the 2:00 showtime.  As usual, I'm pushing it to make it on time.  As I'm driving around downtown Cincinnati looking for parking (apparently with the rest of the city who was also attending this play, based on the droves of people I saw walking to the theater), I realized we were gonna have to park a little distance and walk.

So before I parked us 20 blocks away and sprinted to the theater...I decided to check our tickets one last time.  Yep, they were for SATURDAY'S SHOW.  Not Sunday.  BOOOO!  I was SO MAD at myself!  And that, my friends, is why I am Super Mom.

All ready to go to the Christmas play!



At least she still loves me
So we went to Target, Mama's Happy Place, and Morgan helped me get a little more Christmas shopping done.  I'm still glad she & I got to have that one-on-one time out of the house together.  A few packages of fruit snacks thrown her way, and I'm still Super Mom.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That stuff is the kinda stuff that I do. Frantically trying to get someplace for something and come on the wrong day, wrong time. HA!

    Glad you made the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's what counts, I'm glad to hear you made the most of it! And to her you are super mom!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!