25 February 2013

Morgan's 2nd Birthday PARTY

Over the weekend, we hosted Morgan's 2nd Birthday Party.  I said it would be low-key, and more laid back than last year's huge 1st Bday bash.

Well, I lied.

We had the same large group of family and this year I made almost all of the food (except the cake balls & cookies - had to leave that to a Pro!).

I don't like cooking for large groups because I have zero confidence.  But I went for it:  I roasted almost 17 POUNDS of pork and our menu consisted of Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches, Corn, and Baked Beans. We also had Coleslaw, Loaded Baked Potato Salad, a big Veggie/Dip platter and a Bruschetta/Hummus/Tapenade platter that I ordered from Kroger.

I also made confetti popcorn, which was a Pinterest find and that was a BIG hit.  Too bad I dropped one full batch out on our porch when I took it out there to cool/set.  I almost cried because it happened about 30 minutes before the party was set to start.  Since it's made with almond bark, the almond bark all started hardening on the tile floor.  Not my finest moment.

We timed the party for after Morgan's nap and prayed she would sleep well and be ready to party.  She did, and she was!

I think our girl had the BEST day!  She loved the attention, the gifts (she got completely SPOILED!!), the cake balls, the balloons....all of it.

So, photo overload:

That little onesie hanging on the buffet was hers from the NICU.  Crazy tiny!!

I couldn't believe she actually let me put her hair in a pony tail!  SO CUTE!


My Pinterest-inspired Confetti Popcorn.  It's just microwave popcorn (natural salted) with vanilla almond bark melted over the top and sprinkles.  SO addicting.  That salty/sweet combo is the bomb.

Dora-inspired cookies.  Not baked by me, wish I could take credit for them!  They were as tasty as they were cute!!


On her new 4-wheeler from her MN family!  She was scared at first, but once Joe showed her how to use it and held on to her, she couldn't get enough!


Cake Balls: Peanut Butter/chocolate, Strawberry Delight, Rainbow Chip, Not-So-Thin Mint, and Turtle.  OMG.  To die for good!  These were made by the same lady that did the cookies.  She is clearly talented!

Baby Vincent and Baby Joey with Nana and Aunt Janice


About to blow out her candle!

She loves her 'Kenzie...

Trying to hold up 2 fingers.
We all sang Happy Birthday - and we had been preparing Morgan at home with this song for DAYS.  I didn't want her to be scared and so we'd always yell, cheer & clap after the song.  Well.  Girlfriend went NUTS, screaming, cheering, and clapping when the song was finished.  EVERYONE laughed so hard.  So we sang it again.  Her 2nd time reaction wasn't nearly as enthusiastic, but still fun.  Of course, I didn't get my video camera out in time :(
Dad & Mom.  To a Two-year old.

There was no shortage of people to hold and love on Joey, so he was a happy camper.  Even though the shirt I picked out for him was way too small - it kept riding up and his little belly looked like it was gonna bust the buttons right out.  And his father put it on him anyway. Haha!


New trike & helmet.  She loves this thing too!

Conned her cousins into reading to her.

Joey (in a bigger shirt, lol!) taking it all in.


A new baby doll to love.

Freshly bathed taking a spin in the new wagon from Mommy & Daddy right before bedtime.  Love these two SO SO MUCH.
My In-Laws are the only family we have here, and they had all the dishes done & leftover food put away before they all left.  SO NICE!  Today I'm busy finding a home for all her new toys, cutting tags of the new clothes & washing them, and overall just cleaning up the party bomb, lol.  It was a GREAT Day!  My baby girl is so loved.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Looks like she had a wonderful birthday! Good job mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! Happy Birthday sweet Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Morgan had a great day! And I love the NICU onesie in the background...hard to believe she fit in that, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful party!! (I'm so impressed with your pork roasting!) Loved all of the little details - from the pictures to the onesie to the popcorn and decorations, your love for her just poured out in all of your hard work and I'm sure she could feel it. So perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!