02 May 2013

Joey 10 Months

Joey turned 10 Months old on Saturday, April 27th.  I won't keep repeating how fast time is going by, (insanely fast with 2 kids!) but instead thought I'd share some things that have dawned on me about how fast my little baby boy is growing up:

  • Only 2 more months of buying formula
  • Hopefully 2 more months of washing & warming bottles
  • A BIG 1 year birthday party that needs some planning started....oh...probably NOW?
Updates on...

Sleep:  Still a champion sleeper at night.  Goes down at 7:30 or 8:00pm and sleeps until 6:30am.  This new earlier wakeup time, I'm guessing, can be attributed to daylight savings time and it being so bright SO early (even with blackout shades).  He's still taking 3 naps most days:  1st nap around 9:30 for 1-1.5 hrs.  2nd nap around 1:00 (same time as Morgan's nap) for about 1-1.5 hrs.  3rd nap usually around 5:00/5:30 and is short, maybe 30 minutes.
Let's play scratch the shade in Mama's room!
Eating:  Still eating purees.  I've given him bits and pieces of soft foods & crackers, and he eats pretty much anything I give him.  But he WILL NOT feed himself.  The kid would seriously rather starve than put food into his own mouth.  (Which is odd, because he's always gnawing on his hands or sucking his thumb, so I know the motor coordination is there.)  He's been really grumpy in the afternoons lately - until we started feeding him more at lunch time and dinner time.  Now he's back to happy lil Joey!  He still gets 4 bottles a day, and takes anywhere from 5-8 ounces each time.
Hamming it up with Mama before she goes out to dinner.

THIS FACE!!!

Hey Mama, I'm about to fall and whack my head for the 30th time today, so stand by please.
Also, he still hasn't figured out the sippy cup, nor does he seem to be interested.  I've tried a couple of different kinds of cups now and tried juice, water, formula.  He's just not there yet.

Teeth:  4 1/2 so far (bottom side tooth just poked through!).  One on each side of the top two front teeth are trying to come in.

Clothing:   Wears size 12-18 months and is between a size 4 and size 5 shoe (!!!)  Still in a size 4 diaper for now.


 He is always SO. BUSY.  (Boy moms, can you relate?)  His official 10-Month photos with the ultra-fancy sticker tie almost didn't happen this month.  I knew he wouldn't be still for a hot second and my camera has slowed down (probably need to have it serviced, like 2 years ago).  So I went for it...while none came out that great, I'm happy I did it.
The only way he would stay on his back for 1 second was by giving him this comb.





Movement:  This month he really started OFFICIALLY crawling! (Toward the end of 9 months)  He army crawls about 50% of the time and does a real crawl the other half.  He's also started pulling himself up to standing (as of last week) and is cruising.  He's begun holding onto us to pull himself up and has even let go for a few seconds, just standing there, before he falls down.  He also JUST started crawling up the back of chairs, the couch, me...anything he can climb on!  He LOVES for us to hold his hands and "walk him" around.  He is CONSTANTLY on the move, and as a result, constantly getting himself hurt, bumping his head, etc.  I literally can't take my eyes off him for a second if he's awake!!

Cute things:
  • He's obsessed with sticking his fingers in my mouth, especially when I'm rocking him at bedtime.
  • LOVES being sung to. 
  • He learned how to clap!
  • Thinks splashing in the bath tub with Morgan is THE funniest thing in the world!
  • If I'm talking, he always starts babbling.  He can say "Dada", "Nana", and "Ni Ni".
  • He will flop on his belly, smacking the floor when he wants to be picked up.
  • Lately he's been burying his head into me and biting (ouch!)
  • Got his first haircut
  • Rode on the swings at the park for the first time
  • DEFINITELY prefers Mama over anyone else these days ; )
  • He's started banging on things...anything he can get his hands on!
  • He's all boy - loud, fearless, and is NEVER still.  Ever.
  • Goes after whatever his big sister has...whether it's a toy, a snack, her blankies.  Makes for some loud fighting!
  • He flies around the house in his walker and usually heads straight for my spice rack.  Today he got the lid off the cinnamon and spilled it ALL. OVER.  He smelled like a cinnamon roll, haha.
  • I feel like I'm constantly buying him clothes bc he's outgrowing everything and the seasons are changing.  Fortunately, I don't mind shopping ; )
I'm loving his big bold BOY personality and his sweet cuddly side.  He will always be my little boy and I love him so.


I love him so.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a big month for handsome lil Joey! Err well, maybe not so little!! :) Love the "cute things" section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 months!?!? I can't even believe that, time flies! He is such a handsome little guy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!