31 July 2013

MoJo updates

I want to write this stuff down before I forget it all...


Morgan:  Going down the stairs alone.  Has gone potty on the potty a few times, but had 2 accidents in her Dora undies today (which she demanded to wear sans diaper), so back in dipes she went.  ONLY wants Mama putting her to bed.  ONLY wants Mama to do anything with her.  No Daddy.  No Nana.
 Her jeans from this past year no longer fit.  We've had some cooler weather and when we put them on her, they were too short & too tight in the belly!  Time to do some shopping (not sorry!).  She's starting to seem more and more grown up every day and I'm really realizing just how fast she's becoming less baby and more little girl.

Is ADAMANT about picking her own clothes out every morning.  I didn't expect this at such a young age!  It takes forever to get her up and out of her room.  No matter what Mama picks out, she says the same thing:  "I don't like it!"  She's obsessed with this hot pink t-shirt with black sparkly stars on it, wants to wear it every day (Star Shirt!)
The infamous Star Shirt (and she wore it to bed tonight....I choose my battles)
And just because I'm sure we'll get a good laugh about it years later - she's recently started saying "No Godammit! when she's mad"  Yikes.  We were quick to nip that one.  It was funny & shocking the first time.  Joe and I had a hard time keeping a straight face to scold her and explain we don't say that.  She's accepted that she can say "Hot Garbage" when she's mad....which is what we told her dirty diapers smell like.  She seems content with this substitution.

LOVES to help, whatever I'm doing.. laundry, dishes...and she's gotten pretty good at picking up toys and helping sort silverware!  She also loves to read books and even reads to Joey now, it's so cute.


Joey:  Walking everywhere.  I love it when he toddles up to me, grabs my hand with his little meat hooks, and tries to "take me" somewhere.  He's also grabbing the door handles to go outside.  Won't be long til he figures out how to work them and is tall enough.  Then I'm in trouble.


Working on his yoga poses.  Has his Downward Dog almost perfected.
  Also loves to help with dishes.  Or crawl on the dishwasher door and fling utensils all over, whatever.
 Still rocks crazy post-nap hair.
He also comes up to me about 100 times per day and lays his head on my lap or chest and sucks his thumb for 5-10 seconds, then continues on with whatever he was doing.  I'll never tire of that.

Walks around yelling "DaDa!  DaDa!" all. day.long.  LOVES his Daddy!  But loves Mama too, and he flips out if I leave the room or go out to the garage.

Won't eat fruit.  Except Watermelon.  I've tried everything and he spits it out.  He also doesn't care for fruit juice - just plain old water & milk for this guy.

They love being outside (what kid doesn't?) and are growing increasingly resistant to being brought indoors.  Like dead weight, limp body, writhing & screaming resistant.

I love seeing their little personalities develop more every day and watching them interact with each other.  They still have 5:00 meltdowns every day, but we're getting through them.  We love these two SO much.  They make life crazy, but fun!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I think I need a video of Morgan in her cute voice saying 'hot garbage'...adorbs! And I think Joey is going to pass Morgan's height soon. He looks SO tall in the swing picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Joey's crazy nap hair. Too cute! And Morgan? Well, that little doll is just a bundle of personality. I'm sure she keeps you guys laughing!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!