09 July 2013

The 4th of July

The 4th came & went.  We found out fairly last-minute that Joe would, in fact, have the day off (yes!) We took the kids out to lunch at PF Chang's (that was a detour that I'll spare you the backstory on) and then back home for naps.

When the kids awoke, we headed to the annual 4th of July party hosted by my husband's aunt & uncle.  It's usually a pool party, but the way-too-many-days-in-a-row rain prevented that.  The kids had a blast running around with the big cousins and I enjoyed indulging in adult conversation, food & bevvies.

I didn't get any good official photos.  I tried testing the waters a bit before we left for the party and.... let's just say it didn't go well.



Ironically, Morgan was in a GREAT mood once we got to the party.

Since it rained, rained, rained, and rained some more, most of the festivities around here got either canceled or postponed.  Maybe next year we will keep the kiddos up past their bed time and go see some fireworks.  I also think Morgan would LOVE going to a parade...so I'll put that on our list for next year too.

And because I'm a sucker for nostalgia and pictures of my kids, I dug this one up outta the archives:

Hard to believe this was just one year ago!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!