02 August 2013

Friday Ish

Lots of goodies going on...

First, my sister is having my new nephew probably as I type this!  She had a c-section scheduled for this morning and I'm dying to hear an update!!  I *think* they settled on the name Carter and I can't wait to be kissing on his sweet cheeks next weekend!

I love my makeup.  'Tis true.  Like, I would never leave the house without it.  So naturally I've been patronizing the local Ulta since it opened and an angel of God was sent to me in the form of a woman named Candace.

Candace introduced me to something life-changing:  Spray foundation.  I had been thinking about it since I'd seen some buzz (Kandee Johnson, YouTube makeup guru, anyone?) and was curious to try it.  But not the airbrush, gazillion dollar kit & kaboodle.  No.  This stuff is magic in a spray can, and y'all know I love to spray paint ANYTHING that will hold still long enough!

Sorry for the less than stellar graphic.  You can get try it out at Ulta, Nordy's or buy online.  
It's a bit pricier than my normal stuff (Bare Minerals) and some of the reviews say it runs out fast, but Candace assured me a little goes a long way and it should last me.  The finish is flawless people.  That never happens for me!  I also got the NP concealer (amazing! and I will DIE with concealer on, friends) and their bronzer.  I feel at least 3 years younger ;-)

What else, I found my way back to the gym yesterday.  I had taken a lil summer hiatus due to my class and I got my arse handed to me.  In a good way.  I hurt today and I sorta love it.

I bought these Steve Madden shoes for a wedding next weekend and have to return them.  There's no way I can toddle around in 10 inch heels, even though they are SUCH a gorgeous shoe!! (Truth is they're 4-inchers, but still)  I'm so torn, but know my feet will thank me.  Back to the search for the perfect nude strappy heel.  First-world problems here.
I wanted to love you.  Really.

Joe is on call this weekend and Morgan is going on an all-girls Princess Cruise tomorrow with her Nana & girl cousins (I'm jealous!).  I plan to have some one-on-one time with my little man, can't wait.

We were somehow generously given tickets to both the Reds game & the Freedom game this weekend, but with Husband on call, it's tough to make it work.  I love me some Champion Level Reds clubhouse tix though (Free food & drink?  Yes please!).  Plus the Reds play the Cardinals and that's always a big rivalry...so....must.find.a.way.

And then the big grand finale of the weekend:  Maroon 5 Concert on Sunday night.  Because we are raging concert-goers now.  Or something like that.

One last thing that I hesitate to even type - because more than likely I'm going to chicken out and cancel it, but I have my consultation with the Plastic Surgeon on Monday to get my nose fixed.  After watching a few youtube videos on Rhinoplasty Recovery, I am thoroughly freaked out of my gourd.  I can live with a little crookedness and not breathing out of my left nostril, right?
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. enjoy your one on one, those are simply the best....but how fun does that sound for little miss mo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see this makeup on you!!! pictures please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to Sarah's comment! Im always on the hunt for new foundation. Pics please!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of your concert going! :) I love Maroon 5, became a fan of Adam Levine from the Voice. haha! Also, I need to look into a Princess Cruise for my girls stat! Sounds so cute! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am intrigued by this makeup, and umm, yeah, I could not, in any way do 4 inch heels these days haha.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!