18 October 2013

Catching Up

I've been sick for 10 days now.  I finally felt bad enough that when I went in to get my flu shot, I asked to be seen by the Nurse Practitioner, who diagnosed me with a sinus infection and an ear infection.  (Who gets ear infections over the age of 2?!?)  I also diagnosed myself with Mono, but nobody's buying that.

The NP gave me a note for "time off work".  I laughed and explained to her that as a SAHM that's not gonna fly.  I did, however, try giving that note to my husband.  Which, of course, was met with lots of laughter.

I'm finally starting to feel mildly better.  Even the Columbus Day sales that were happening didn't perk me up.  And believe me, it was almost physically painful to see all my little emails come in, trying to lure me to have a little lookey-loo and think "I don't care".  (See, I knew I was sick.)

We still made it to all of our activities this week.  I knew the kids HAD to make it to the last session of Teeter Tots because a) they need to burn off that energy and b) we were starting to miss more than we were going.  I was a sweaty mess, but they had fun and were sufficiently worn out.  Mission accomplished ;-)

Anyhoo, the big fall party for the hospital is tonight and we've decided to stay home.  Womp womp.  I barely have the energy to shower, let alone get dolled up and be social.  Plus the husband's on call all weekend again, so I need to reserve my energy.  Lately it is ESSENTIAL that MoJo gets out of the house every day, lest they drive their mother insane.  So I'm hoping I feel up to taking them places this weekend.  I bought a Groupon for Totters Otterville and have heard great things, so maybe we'll check it out.  And sometime when I have more energy, I shall share the story of how we are probably banned from Story Time at the Library thanks to a certain wild little boy who shall remain nameless.

In the meantime, the Husband and I are catching up on Season 2 of American Horror Story.  And I couldn't be more thrilled that The Walking Dead has started up again!


Saw these cute snack ideas on Pinterest and am going to try them out this weekend, we need to jazz up our snacks around here:
{VIA}

{VIA}
{VIA}

Oh, and did I mention my Husband bought a pig?  It's now in our freezer.  I made a big ole' ham in the crock pot (emphasis on BIG).  Then I made Lentil Soup with the leftovers and we will be eating that for weeks to come.  It was my first time making Lentil Soup and it turned out pretty darn good.  I'm slowly becoming domesticated, or at least it feels that way whenever I have a crock pot success.

Hope you all have a fabulous fall weekend!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. otterville on the weekend will be enough to give u a panic attack. come with me on a weekday, and u will enjoy it a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point!! I'd be a mental wreck if it's super crowded on the weekend. Let's pick a day to go! Hope you are feeling as good as you look these days!!

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better ASAP! Ear infections are the worst! I really think you should skip season 2 of American Horror Story and dive right into the current season. It's so much better! Season 2 really didn't do much for me. Your ham meals sound tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...and I'm beginning to see your reasons for skipping season 2. We're 5 episodes in and yikes. I need to try your mac & cheese recipe!

      Delete
  3. Mamas never catch a break! I'm totally stealing that pretzel treat for our little kiddo get together this Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!