08 October 2013

Fun Fall Weekend

We had a fantastic little family weekend.

Saturday morning we took the kids for a quick lunch at Chick-Fil-A where we ran into a few Disney Princesses.  Typical Saturday, right?


 Then we went out to the Neltner Farm for the Pumpkin Patch and other fall festivities.  That place was GREAT.  The kids got to run around, Morgan rode the miniature pony (and LOVED every second of it), we picked out pumpkins, did a little wine tasting, and brought home some baked goods and jam.  It was hot & sticky out, but the kids didn't seem to mind.  I love this age, they are having fun doing these kinds of outings and that makes me so happy.








 Morgan picked the smallest pony they had and he was the perfect size for her.  She is a natural when it comes to riding and just loves it.




Saturday night we got a sitter and went out to meet up with some of Joe's dialysis staff for a little casino party.  We drove to the wrong casino and ended up having to drive to Indiana to the right one.  It was a fun night of dancing like fools to 80's & 90's music at the casino disco (that's what I called it) and people watching.  Too bad someone slipped something into my wine and felt like I'd been hit by a bus on Sunday (that's the only explanation for it, right? lol).

Sunday we had a lazy day at home in our jammies.  I made white chicken chili (that was too spicy for the littles, ooops) and we snacked on pumpkin bread and watched Hocus Pocus.  I rarely ever watch movies and had never seen that one!  I feel like whenever someone asks me "Have you seen _______ movie?" My answer is always "No".  So now I can cross that one off my list.  The weekend was also spent doing a fair amount of homework.  Absurd.  But midterm is this week so I just have to stay focused.

Morgan is really getting into Halloween and asks multiple times every day about her Minnie Costume (I tell her it's getting cleaned for Halloween).  All in all, it was a great weekend and we are hoping to go back to the pumpkin patch this season.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That seems like such a fun weekend! Don't you just LOVE fall?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had never seen Hocus Pocus!????? That's the craziest thing I have ever heard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan on that tiny pony is the most precious thing ever! So cute! Glad you got to see Hocus Pocus - it's cheesy, but a Halloween classic for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wine flu. I catch it every now and again. It sucks. Your littles are precious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!