I'm almost 34 weeks now and at my regular OB appointment yesterday, my doc decided to send me over to L&D to get checked out and have some labs drawn. I had been feeling super crappy the past few days and when I described my symptoms, he wanted to make sure we weren't heading down the Pre-E or HELLP road again. After a few hours of lying in the hospital bed getting poked and prodded, I was released. Thankfully, all is well with both me and baby. I'll be seeing him weekly now (a few weeks early) just to make sure we don't miss something since, as he put it, "things can go downhill in the blink of an eye".
Just trying to power through these next few weeks and take it easy. Easier said than done with 2 active kiddos running around!
We haven't done much to get ready for Baby's arrival -- I might want to get on that? I did order a couple of gender-neutral newborn size onesies and pants and this super cute little outfit:
While I was hooked up to the fetal monitor I couldn't help but notice the heart rate. It was in the 120s-130s, which made me think this baby could be another boy! All along I've felt like it might be a girl, but lately I've changed my thinking. And still....no names. Another thing we might want to lock down.
In other news, we have a contract on our condo and close in a few weeks. YAY! This is, of course, provided it doesn't fall through. I'm not so confident given the history of the negotiation process. I just want this to be behind us by the time the baby arrives so we don't have to think about it/deal with it/pay for it any longer.
Lastly, this happened in our neighborhood and has been all over FB:
There was a video along with the photos of this fella lunching, during the daytime. Evidently he's been spotted on our road, but this little meal occurred on Rt. 8.
We've been told to keep our small animals inside at night and the past few nights, there HAS been a lot of commotion outside (wildlife noises). I'm a little freaked out to even let Morgan & Joey out during the day alone now, eek! I've said it before, I don't know if I'm cut out for this country living!








Omg. Big cat. Dead dear. I would die. And definitely freak about letting the kiddos out, lol. We are living out in the country too (well, what I consider to be the country at least). And I still don't know if I like it or not...
ReplyDeleteWe city girls need to stick together ;-)
DeletePosts like yours reinforce why I want to wait to find out the gender of my future babies until they are born! The guessing and wondering and total excitement seem so much more fun than a fancy gender reveal. Good luck with the next few weeks!!
ReplyDeleteWaiting to find out the gender has seriously been the best surprise(s) of my life! You won't regret it when that time comes for you ;-)
DeleteGlad everything is okay and hope you feel better! We have a bobcat in our neighborhood too. Crazy!
ReplyDeleteThanks girlie. Did you send your bobcat up to visit me? haha!
DeleteOh my gosh! I think I would die! Keep the kiddies and any pets in doors at all times! Lol
ReplyDelete