17 May 2015

Hey May

Just popping in to say "Hey!" and share what's going on lately.

Life with 3 kids is a whirlwind and I can't believe how fast time is passing.  May is half over already (?!) and has been crazy busy so far.

And Little Miss Claire turned 6 months old this month!!  I also weaned her from nursing because I'm going back to work...More on that in a minute.  Weaning her was way more emotional for me this time around.  I'm sure it was because it was really hitting me hard, the realization that she is our last baby.  I will never again breastfeed.  I will never gain have a scrawny squishy little newborn baby.  And now I have to stop typing about it before I start crying!



My photography assistant
 She is just such a joyful baby - always so happy and smiling (and drooling!).  Her sleeping is much better now, she goes down around 7:30pm and might wake up once in the night for a paci, but we stopped feeding her in the night.  She then sleeps til about 6am, sometimes later.  She cut her first tooth (bottom middle right) and has taken it like a champ.  She's starting to eat more solid foods, but that's been a struggle - she continues to spit a lot of it out.  We are taking it very slow.
 My husband's cousin got married last weekend and they asked Morgan and Joey to be the ring bearer and flower girl.  It was so much fun!
Someone was holding the baby while we wrangled the wedding stars.
I couldn't even handle Joey is in his little tux:
This was my Rent the Runway dress that ended up being too small.  Womp womp.  SUCH a fabulous dress.  And because I have no shame, I'm putting it out there for the world to see.  Let it be known, I couldn't get it zipped up the back.  Typically they give you a backup size for free, but the next size up wasn't available.  It just wasn't meant to be :(  Fortunately, if it doesn't fit and you send it back immed, they refund your money minus shipping.
 Cousin Annabel came over to play with Claire while the mommies got their makeup done for the big wedding.  Our family goes all out, lol!
Claire is 1 month younger than Annabel, and much, MUCH larger, ha!
 Makeup done!  I love me some MAC makeup.  My friend Jennifer hooked us up with a MAC girl to come to my house and transform us.
 I'm pretty sure sure this was the best day of their lives:
 And I have to say, as much as I complain about their bad behavior, they ROCKED their roles like bosses.  I was so proud of them both!  They are at such a fun age for this stuff - they danced and partied and stole cake balls all night long.

I miss blogging.  I miss sharing.  I miss engaging with my people (that's YOU!).  I hope to be a little more active now that I feel like things are a little more under control around here.

As for the decision to go back to work, I started hunting seriously back in February.  I went on several interviews and every one of them offered me the job.  I started to get extremely picky, realizing that if this was going to work, I needed a job that would work around our family.  As a nurse, I'm so blessed to be able to find that kind of flexibility.  I ended up accepting a part-time job as a Chemotherapy RN, which is what I was last doing before I had Morgan.  No nights.  No holidays.  No weekends (except an occasional Saturday short clinic every couple of months, which will actually work great for my family situation right now).  I've got care lined up for the kids and I am really excited about this new era.  I think it will make me a better mommy, wife, and person.  I start tomorrow, so wish me luck!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love reading your update- congrats on the new job! Part time will be ideal, I'm jealous haha! Unfortunately part time in my field is pretty much impossible to find :( oh and my little guy hates solids too!! I've been trying to stay consistent with it but so far he hates pretty much all of it. So weird bc my other 2 ate everything! Love the kiddos all dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And I'm relieved to hear Luke isn't crazy about solids either, it was never this tough with my other two! Hopefully she'll realize just how delicious real food is ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love seeing your updates so keep them coming! Congrats on your job - you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend! If nothing else, good insomnia cure reading material ;-) Miss chatting with you!!

      Delete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!