The Hubs decides to tell me at 9:45 pm last night that he FORGOT he has to work today. He had scheduled some vacation to be home with me & Mo, but couldn't get all the days he asked for due to other people taking vacation. Today was one of those days.
I was nervous enough about getting out of the house with Mo for the very first time. But it all went well - we girls managed just fine on our own!
As for the appointment itself, that went great too. Mo is gaining weight (which was my biggest worry since she was eating less at each feeding). She now weighs 4 pounds 14 ounces! Two more ounces to go til we hit 5 pounds, ha ha! I could tell she was a little bigger than when we brought her home because 1) she wouldn't fit in her carseat with the Bundle Me in place and 2) the little preemie pants we put on her last night were too tight in the belly, so we slit the sides to accommodate her round lil belly.
I asked about her grunting. The doctor told me not to be concerned...so I'll try not to. We were also concerned that she was constipated, but apparently my idea of constipated (grunting and pushing allllll night long with nothing to show for it) and his idea of constipated (12 days with no poop! Hello?) are on two different planets. He assured me we are doing a great job and she is in great shape, especially for being a preemie.
I was tickled to come home to some packages waiting at the door for Mo: A sweet new chair with her name on it from PB Kids courtesy of Joe's cousins Steph & Jake in L.A. I'll try to post a pic of that... And a pkg from my friend Erin in Phoenix containing some CUTIE summer outfits (including one ruffled denim jean skirt that I think is an inside joke...VERY FUNNY!)
And the sweet little headbands I ordered off etsy.com arrived today too....here's a pic of two of them. I think it's hilarious the flower in the 2nd pic is as big or bigger than Lil Mo's tiny head, lol!
![]() |
| Milkdrunk |
![]() |
| Completely zonked after a feeding |
I need to work on Thank You notes for all the great gifts she received at Joe's work shower last week, in addition to those that arrived in the mail this week. Every time I turn around, there is another mini-fire to put out.....like Dakota throwing up on the carpet. Or being completely out of clean glasses/bottles/nipples. Or realizing we have no food in the house. I feel like I run in circles. I kinda hope those circles include a trip to Target and maybe even Sephora this weekend, Mama's ready to get out of the house ; ) But not Lil Mo...she is on lockdown due to being a preemie. We are not supposed to take her out or have a lot of people around her.





0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!