It's funny to think that today was my due date. My sweet baby girl turned 2 months old yesterday!! I tried to get some pictures, but they didn't turn out very good.
Note to self: Must learn to use fancypants camera to its full potential!
 |
| In the cute chair from cousins Steph & Jake |
 |
| Had to include Gina the Giraffe in the photo for scale reference |
 |
| This little model needed help with positioning |
 |
| Then my little model decided she was O-V-E-R this photo shoot |
 |
| "No mom, switching me to the other side of the chair YET AGAIN does not make this any better." |
 |
| Mom fail. |
Happy Good Friday to all. We won't be doing much to celebrate Easter this weekend, I think we are going to stay home with Mo for fear of germs. Yep, we've become "those people", the people I make fun of. But in all seriousness, we know we are better safe than sorry when it comes to her health. All it takes is one person spreading their germs, I mean love....a simple common cold for you or me could be deadly to Mo.
Here's what we've been up to lately...basically Morgan looking cute and Mama snapping awful photos.
 |
| Man she looks like her daddy here! |
 |
| In the stroller, ready to go outside for a stroll! |
 |
| Oh how I love those random newborn smiles! |
 |
| BATH TIME! |
 |
| So alert after her bath |
 |
| Freshly washed, complete with fuzzy baby chicken hair |
I'm not looking forward to Monday; I'll be taking Mo (alone) to her 2 month well baby doctor appointment. While I'm curious to see how much she weighs (I'm guessing just over 6 pounds now), I am dreading the start of her vaccinations. After her eye appointment a few weeks ago where she screamed bloody murder, I don't think I can handle seeing her hurt like that. *sigh*
I should document what Morgan's up to these days: NOT sleeping through the night, not even close. She wakes up to feed every 3 hours like clockwork, still. I suppose this has a lot to do with the schedule she was on in the NICU.
She's a very loud and noisy baby. She doesn't cry a whole lot, but she is ALWAYS making noise - I love her little noises ; ) But I wonder if she's ever really comfortable. She continues to grunt a LOT and most of the time sounds like a distressed goat, lol! I have found she is most comfortable on her tummy, head turned to the side, propped upright. This means lots of sleeping on mom & dad's chests. I think she is suffering from a lot of gas and reflux. She is on meds for both and I plan to talk to her Pediatrician about this next week.
She's able to turn her head to the opposite side when having tummy time. She has started bearing weight on her legs when we hold her upright, as if she is going to jump right up! I'm still not convinced she can see very well, if at all.
Oh, and her cute fuzzy baby chick hair has started rubbing off :-( So now she's starting to resemble a little old man!!
I set out to find her a cute Easter dress (I know, I know, since we're not going anywhere? Really?) and found something suitable at Old Navy, complete with coordinating shrug. Too bad EVERYTHING is too big for her these days. Ah well....she'll grow into it and can wear it this summer. I debated whether or not to make her an Easter basket and decided against it this year. I'll save that, along with telling her the story of how Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead to save us all. I can't wait!!
She is, however, getting some adorbz Easter socks ; ) And Mama's getting chocolate, fo shizzle.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!