30 April 2011

Happy Easter & 2 month Doctor Appointment

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!  We laid low, as planned.  Mo got a visit from her Grandma Nancy and got to meet her Uncle Bill and Aunt Janice.  They all brought Mo Easter goodies which was so sweet of them!

Mo, meeting her Aunt Janice for the first time.

The Hubs and I stayed in our pj's most of the day and I made a Ham for a late dinner.  We later had the ham again with Sourdough French Toast.  This capped off a weekend of eating pizza and watching zombie shows (The Walking Dead is our new fave addiction, that is, until the Dexter season starts up again).  So good!

Mo bear had her 2 month checkup today and all mostly looks good.  She's now 6 pounds 8 ounces and 19 1/4 inches long.  The doctor said we are doing a great job and to keep doing what we're doing.  I had some concerns about her vision, but just yesterday, for the first time, she LOOKED at me. (FINALLY!)  Like really focused and stared into my eyes and then gave me a big ole' smile.  She looked away for a second and then back into my eyes again.  I could tell she was definitely seeing me.  The dr. said not to be concerned that she hasn't done it more at this point and that we need to give her a little leeway.

One thing he did notice today was something that looked like a birthmark (called a hemangioma) near the base of her spine.  Neither of us noticed it before and because of where it's located, he wants to do an ultrasound just to be safe.  So we'll be scheduling that tomorrow.  I'm not even going to worry about that...because, well, frankly, there's nothing I can do about it right now. 

She's getting stronger and wigglier (is that a word?) every day.  She presses her feet down into whatever might hold them to bear weight in her legs.  She's also turning her head and whipping her little head around like crazy.

She's still battling the reflux and gas.  She's still loud and grunty.  And she's still the cutest thing I've ever seen ; )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!