08 February 2012

Countdown to the 1st Birthday Bash

This birthday party has kinda consumed me - in a good way.  I didn't want to go "over the top", but kinda feel like it is? 

I have a week and a half left.  Many poms to fluff -- those suckers take longer than I thought!  Balloons to fill & pick up.  Pictures to go through, get printed, and worked into my various little crafts.  Tables to set up & dress.  Banners to hang.  Snacks to finalize. 

With all this looming, I told the Hubs I am NOT making ANY food.  I just do not enjoy cooking for a large group of people (like more than 4) because I'm not good at it.  No really, I'm not just saying that -- I totally botched a good dinner for 5 people one night and it still haunts me.  And there is nothing worse than serving your guests bad food.  Hubs suggested "Let's do burgers on the grill!"  I shot that down and even took it a step further by making the party start at 2pm (nobody expects a meal at that time, do they?) and wording the invitation "Come have cake with us!"

Because you see.....I am ALLLLL about the cake.  We are using the bakery that did our wedding cake because it was just the best darn cake I've ever had.  In my life.  No joke.  No grocery store sheetcake here!  Although I'm sure in years to come we will be having plenty of that... 

Anyway, I may be being a little lazy on the food front of things.  But I plan to have snacks in addition to the cake/ice cream/punch.  I also needed to plan the party for between Morgan's nap times, so this time slot seems to work right now.

I just secured a photographer -- there must be something going on that weekend because our favorite photog, Ms. Christina Littleton, is out of town then.  As were the next 2 photogs I contacted.  I locked someone down last night and mailed her my deposit today.

We are trying not to go overboard with gifts either because 1) She's probably going to get plenty of gifts and 2) We don't have room with a new baby coming for tons and tons of toys.  So far we've gotten her 3 things and I'm really excited about each of them!



{VIA} Little Tikes Princess Cozy Coupe
 The little car came yesterday.  I updated my Facebook status to say "SOMEBODY just got a brand new car delivered!  EEEEKKK!  It's a Princess Cozy Coupe, only seats one.  SSSHHH!  It's a secret!!"
{VIA} Corolle Mon Premier Calin Baby Doll
 Her first real baby doll!
{VIA} Small Stroller for Corolle Baby Doll

I think I mentioned before that Hubs was adament about Morgan's bday dress.  It came and it's really cute.  I had in mind to do a cute personalized shirt with a fun tutu, but I just couldn't resist his enthusiasm, so I went along with his dress pick.  Here it is:
And speaking of his enthusiasm, last night he said "I'm just SUPER excited for her birthday party!!"  This, coming from the guy who NEVER gets excited or lets it show.  I went all Monica Gellar on him and squealed said "MEEE TOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" 

Suddenly he stops smiling and says "Oh my God.  We're turning into "THOSE PARENTS", aren't we?"  And I agreed "Yep.  But I'm OK with it." ; )

OK, I better quit blogging and get to work!

3 comments:

  1. Omg, this party sounds so fun! We did our party at 2 as well so I could avoid the food. lol. We just had candy and cake.

    Phoebe got that little car for her birthday too and she loves it. She still goes and sits in it at least once a day.

    That birthday dress is ADORABLE! Your hubby did good.

    So excited to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute sign on the door!! I need that. New follower :)

    Lauren Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got our little Morgan that same exact little coupe for her 1st birthday as well. Even at 20 months she still loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!