This post is gonna be alllll over the place....sorry
Good Wife
I was a good little wife last night and helped the hubby by proofreading a big presentation he had to give for work this morning. It was 44 slides long on NEPHROLOGY. Then I listened to him run through it. I love him. I do not love Nephrology like he does. Did I mention it was 44 slides long? That's LOVE ; )
I'm happy I can be here for him in a way other than take care of the baby/house/laundry/dog/shopping/etc. kinda way, ya know? I miss thinking about medicine and studies and evidence-based practice and standards of care. We were up until 12:30 (waaaaay past this pregnant mama's bedtime.) And then? I'm up at 4:30am to use the bathroom and cannot get back to sleep. So I went to the grocery store. I had soup on my mind. (Thank you pregnancy insomnia.)
Sleep
Morgan is sleeping wonderfully since my last post on the subject. No problems whatsoever! (I hope I'm not jinxing myself by talking about it!!) I think since we figured out it's her teeth, whenever she seems fussy or like her head is warm, I give her some Tylenol and it seems to help.
Me, on the other hand...sleep has been rough. I think I'm sleeping through the night (with routine bathroom trips included) 1 out of every 3 nights. Ugghh.
So now that sleeping's going great for her, she won't eat and has become SO picky. I don't think a vegetable has entered her mouth for 3 days. Oh well.
Red Jeans
Had I known the colored denim trend was coming back, I would've hung on to the few pairs I had from 7th grade (Guess? jeans anyone? Or am I the oldest blogger alive? lol!) On second thought, no way they'd fit me now. So I ordered a pair of RED jeggings - maternity no less -- and am super excited for them to get here! Should be arriving today!
UPS Guy
I love my UPS Guy. I really do. We get a lot of stuff delivered and he is dropping something off almost every day. And he ALWAYS rings the doorbell. Usually it's around Morgan's dinner time, so no biggy. AND if it's something heavy and I come to the door right away, he always helps me lug it inside. However ------ today? The morning I was up at 4:30? He delivers and rings the doorbell at 10:00am. Nap time for both mommy & baby. We're going to have to have a lil' talk. And sadly? It wasn't my Red Jeans he delivered :(
I'm thinking about hanging THIS on the front door:
![]() |
| Found VIA Pinterest |
Do-Ta!
Yesterday Morgan was crawling around after the dog. Nothing new there. I thought she was saying "Da Da" as she usually does, but as I listened closer, I could hear something different. She was excited and saying "Do-Ta! Do-Ta!". I'm pretty sure she was trying to say "Dakota!" as she chased after her!! Too cute! I read somewhere that babies start talking much earlier than we hear -- we adults just assume it's babble and it takes us a long time to pick out actual words, even though babies know what they are saying. Huh.
VDay Craft
I attempted THIS yesterday with Morgan, thinking it would make a cute VDay gift for Daddy:
![]() |
| VIA Pinterest |
Ours, however, turned out like this:
![]() |
| Artwork Via Morgan |
In case you're wondering, crafts with an almost 1-year old are impossible. Oh, and the paint evidently is made of acid (or one would have thought the way she carried on after I painted ONE hand. *Sigh* Maybe next year...) Shoes also have this same effect on her - they must just BURN the skin on her feet the way she screams when I attempt to put shoes on her. Good thing summer's coming if she's gonna be little miss barefoot!
Soup
So I mentioned I had soup on the brain -- I also had a lot of other things on my mind today, such as, if you wanna get to the store, gotta do it before hubby leaves for work because he is taking my car today. Garbage day, including the 50,000 boxes we have to be taken out for recycling, phone calls to make, etc.
This is the soup (Corn, Bacon & Potato Chowder) that drove me out in the wee hours this morning and I can't wait to make it today. (Thanks Ashley at The Domestic Wannabe, thanks a lot!, lol) Since preggo again, I haven't gotten too fired up about recipes. But this I have high hopes for!
Hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!!







Congrats on Baby #2! We're expecting our first this June! I am so getting that sign for our front door - I love online shopping so we have regular deliveries too!! What is up with pregnancy insomnia?! NEVER had it before - slept like a rock every night. But NOW after that 3 am pee break, sleep is impossible!!! So strange!
ReplyDeleteThat sign is great! I really need one this summer when I'm home everyday!
ReplyDeleteGreat try for the painting I still want to do a valentine craft with our Morgan. Ps can you please pass that good sleeping our way?!
At first I thought the first painting was yours, then I scrolled down, lol. Yes crafts are hard at this age!
ReplyDeleteYou're totally going to ROCK those red jeggings.
I had to laugh at the Valentine's art - that is the norm around here! I've pretty much given up at this point. Ha! And thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I love my colored jeans and always think of my old Guess ones when I slip them on. I know you'll totally rock them! :)
ReplyDeleteall the crafts are adorable! i LOVE how you helped hubby with 44 nephrology slides..... wife of the year award!! and red skinnies?! I MUST SEE!
ReplyDelete