01 May 2012

Big steps and small changes

Hooray it's May!  You can't tell I'm just itching for the end of June to get here, can ya?

So...big steps for this mama today:  I spoke to a babysitter on the phone.  She is a friend of my husband's niece.  Oh wait - it gets better:  She is coming over this Friday people.  AND we set up an official babysitting gig for Sunday (I was in desperate need of a non-family member for Joe's Mom's graduation ceremony - pretty much everyone is going to be there, forcing me to find someone new to watch her.  It was bound to happen sooner or later really).

OMG.  It's really gonna happen!!

I am not allowing myself to talk myself out of it by saying "Well she's going to be gone part of the summer and then is studying abroad this fall, so really why bother?"  Oh no Tammy, you're not getting out of it.  She's available, interested, responsible, you've met her, and family has vouched for her.  It's ON.

And in  my ramblings to her, I felt guilty, like I came off as a woman who just desperately wants to get away from her child.  Surely she will think I'm a nut job.

As for "small changes" mentioned in my title...I keep finding all these new blogs to follow.  It's a curse, really.  I love catching up on what's going on in my internet friends' lives, lol!  But I know once Baby #2 arrives, I won't have as much free time on my hands to stay in the know.

Anyway, with all these great new blogs comes blog design envy -- sooo....I contacted my girl Tiffany at TKC Designs to hook me up with a bit of a facelift ; )  Now that I've been at this a bit longer, I know what I want a little better.  Can't wait to see how it turns out!  Come back soon to see!

We are currently under a tornado watch and severe thunderstorm warnings.  Yikes!  Hope it skips over us because I have a VERY nervous dog and a sensitive sleeper 14-month old.

RECALL ALERT:  If you were like me and couldn't resist buying your tot one of THESE sippy/straw cups from Target around Easter, you should know they have been recalled due to the ear being too long and causing eye injuries.  Yikes!  I have mine in my purse, ready to go back to the store.  It's OK...Morgan refused to use it anyway, lol.  My $3 will be better spent on something else I really don't need from there, ha!

RECALLED:  Back to Target you go cute little bunny cup!
They did a little piece on our local news on a study showing what a SAHM's salary should be.  Interesting!
http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/money/consumer/dont_waste_your_money/Study-says-how-much-a-moms-job-is-worth.  FYI: Our salary should be $112,000 ladies.  Sign me up!

And I don't want to get excited, but the car search saga continues...we may be close.  In fact, I all but had the car in my driveway, envisioning myself toting Mo around town with the sunroof open and me in my sunnies trying to figure out the touchscreen navigation system.   Ahhhh....

Until a certain dealer pulled something shady today -- as in "Hey, it's May 1st now and the sale price from the weekend is over so it's going to be extra $4,000".  To which my response is "Then it can sit in your inventory continuing to cost you money buddy."  Puhleeze.

Why can't it just be simple?  I pick a car, I give you money, you give me the car.  Done.  Orrrrr not.   I'm becoming indifferent and too large to care ; )

And a few photos, because someone was in a great mood tonight.  And I might have a new obsession with PicMonkey.  Until they start charging ; )



OK, this post should've been titled "Big Steps, Small Changes, a Few Pics, and a Whole Lotta Random".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!