27 May 2012

The Pregnancy Made Me Do It & Confessions

Or rather, this time around, I should blame it on the bedrest (for the record, that is now a swear word to me.  I am so over it).

What's a girl to do with all this time on her hands?  Well shop, of course.  There's nothing good on TV, I've almost finished book #3 since this whole bedrest thing started - and for the record?  I didn't care for 50 Shades of Grey. 

There. I said it.

I forced myself to finish it because I thought I might get some answers to the only part of the story that really held my interest:  What the hell is wrong with that guy and why is he the way he is?  What happened to him as a child????  I was sorely disappointed and won't be finishing the trilogy.  The Hunger Games, however...I will finish that.  Even though I'm not devouring it as fast as I thought I would.  I put it down, a lot.

Anyhoo, on to my confessions:

Carter's is having a whopper of a sale this weekend, an additional 25% off clearance, a lot of it summer clothes.  So of course I fill up a cartload for Morgan, she is growing like a weed and at 15 months she needs 18 month sized clothing now.  It's cute to see her too-tight t-shirts and her little belly poking out, but it's time for some bigger clothes ; )

And then, I couldn't resist.  I'm ashamed to admit this, but, ::whispers:: I bought some boy clothes.  You know...just in case.  Plus there were like $3 each, so I figured, what the heck?  I *think* I can return them if this baby turns out to be a girl, or I can always give them as a gift.  This is something I SWORE I wouldn't do.  What's wrong with me?  Bedrest makes you crazy, I tell ya!

I bought this too, because it will work for either a boy or a girl (if it's a girl, I plan to put a big gaudy bow/headband on her, lol!):

{After going back to retrieve the picture, I see it is listed in the "Baby Boy" section, but whatevs.  I can girly it up.}

I also ordered some things for myself from Target.com (Doctors orders...after banning my trip there, he told me to order online!  That'll show him!  Plus it makes up for me & Morgan's lack of weekly trips there.  I bet the store doesn't even look the same inside and the store workers are wondering where we are!). 
Casual, comfy dress to dress up or down.  And not constricting in the tummy while I recover from my c-section.  And buttons for easy BFing access.  Here's hoping I don't look like a stuffed sausage in it, lol!

Comfy knit dress for running errands, because let's be honest:  My normal waistbands won't fit for a while after baby comes.  And the wrap top will pull aside, again for easy BFing access.

These look just like the DV ones, but waaaaay cheaper.  I heart hot pink.

You know...for all the exercising I will be doing after baby ; )

I am also nearly out of mascara so I visited my weakness, Sephora.com.  And you know you can't just order one measly little thing, you gotta justify the shipping charges, right??  So I have a few goodies coming from there as well. 

I didn't go too overboard with any of this stuff.  But I decided I need something to look forward to this week, and getting packages on my doorstep is about as exciting as it gets around here ; )

I find myself dealing with thinking about the future in terms of "When I Can Leave the House Again."  I hadn't left the house since last Wednesday for my doctor's appointment.  It's Sunday, people.  So after whining all weekend, the Hubs finally caved and took me out for Mexican food tonight at a little joint that is literally a 30-second drive from our house.  I needed that.  (Well, what I really needed was a margarita, but I refrained.)
Baby #1 found the Teddy Grahams.  Baby #2 is G-R-O-W-I-N-G!!!!

Ready for some Mexican food and to escape from the compound for a little bit!

This weekend it was nearly 100 degrees out and humid.  Later in the afternoons both yesterday and today, we took Morgan outside to our little backyard to play on her splash table.  She realized fast she didn't like crawling on the concrete patio, so she took to walking with her feet, while bent over, crawling with her hands.  Kind of like an ape.  It was too funny!

It's breaking my heart that I can't pick her up.  She fell today and started crying and just wanted me to hold her, so I tried to get down on the floor and hug her.  This seemed to anger her even more, so Daddy rescued her and picked her up.  I stood back up (90 seconds later because that is how long it takes, I swear) and she still reached for me, crying.  So we did a "Family Hug".  Poor thing, I felt SO bad!
Playing at the splash table and YES we DID break out the sidewalk chalk!

Her Ape-Walk. No, really, she walked around like this constantly outside, ha!

"It's too hot out mama, I'm going back inside OK?"

I'm trying to stay positive, but I've been a big grumpster and having a pity party for myself.  I'm trying to NOT take it out on my dear Hubs.  He's trying so hard to do it all right now, AND keep me happy -- which is a feat all its own.  I know it will all be over with soon, and I'll have that new baby in my arms.  (Or I'll be going crazy with two babies, at home, all alone, wishing I could go back on bedrest, haha!)

There's so much I feel like I should be doing right now though.  To keep myself occupied, I came up with a To-Do List of things that I can do right now.  The Hubs was more than happy to add to my list (thanks honey!).  But at least it will keep me out of trouble and keep me from focusing on all the things I can't do.

And I'm sure it's only because I can't...but boy am I dying to exercise.  Never thought I'd say that!


Well, that was pretty much our holiday weekend.  We thought the Hubs was off tomorrow, but turns out he works.  Bummer.

Hope you all had a lovely Memorial Day Weekend and may the festivities and relaxation continue tomorrow!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. oh girl I can totally relate to the shopping while on bedrest. My husband asked me if I planned on opening a department store, haha! You can totally girly up that onesie, no problem =) Morgan looks adorable, as usual, I love her gorilla walk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look AWESOME for being on bed rest...hair done and make up on...impressive! Glad the hubs took you out for a good dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mckinlee walked like that as well
    all the time outside before she started really walking. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great!!!! I hope I dont go on bedrest but if I do I will take looking like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are adorable! I can not believe how cute you are pregnant! I have a feeling i know who will be visiting that mexican restaurant once they aren't carrying a little baby anymore. lol

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!